Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Message Queue Problem
Top Forums Programming Message Queue Problem Post 79747 by SaTYR on Sunday 31st of July 2005 09:44:43 AM
Old 07-31-2005
You can do it with signals.When the problem was appeared, send a signal and let your processes to catch it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron message queue problem

I have a problem with running jobs out of cron on Solaris 8. Initially when one of the users on the box (other than root) attempted to save the crontab after modification by using "crontab -e", the message "Crontab: cannot open the crontab file in the crontab directory" was given. I then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
7 Replies

3. Programming

a message queue question..

Hi there: Thanks first. When I use a message queue amony severl processes, will I have to synchronize the queue? I don't think I would have to because a message queue is implemented in a link listed. Correct me If I am wrong... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanhu
0 Replies

4. Programming

Message Queue Problem Again..

Is there any way one can delete , say , a particular message from a message queue on system V? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satansfury
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

message queue problem

I am sending and retriving the message to the queue the problem is after retrieving the message can i see what is there in my message queue. (actually in my application i am encountring some garbage value) so i want to retieve this garbage value and also want to know its size how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
0 Replies

6. Programming

Message Queue with fork() help

hi all... ive been trying this program where i spawn 4 threads... and i am trying to use message queue to send msgs from 3 of the threads to the parent thread... but it doent seem to be working... ive almost pulled out my hair tryin to fix the prob :confused: another wierd thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

7. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

8. Programming

[C]Problem removing a message queue

Hi!! This code works if I don't remove the message queue. In A.c I create 3 processes that send a message in a message queue. in B.c other 3 processes receive 1 message for each (the messages sent from A), change the value of "dato" and put again the message in the queue. The processes in A.c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sentinella
0 Replies

9. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

10. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies
KILL(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   KILL(1)

NAME
kill -- terminate or signal a process SYNOPSIS
kill [-s signal_name] pid ... kill -l [exit_status] kill -signal_name pid ... kill -signal_number pid ... DESCRIPTION
The kill utility sends a signal to the processes specified by the pid operands. Only the super-user may send signals to other users' processes. The options are as follows: -s signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -l [exit_status] If no operand is given, list the signal names; otherwise, write the signal name corresponding to exit_status. -signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -signal_number A non-negative decimal integer, specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. The following PIDs have special meanings: -1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise broadcast to all processes belonging to the user. Some of the more commonly used signals: 1 HUP (hang up) 2 INT (interrupt) 3 QUIT (quit) 6 ABRT (abort) 9 KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable kill) 14 ALRM (alarm clock) 15 TERM (software termination signal) Some shells may provide a builtin kill command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The kill utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Terminate the processes with PIDs 142 and 157: kill 142 157 Send the hangup signal (SIGHUP) to the process with PID 507: kill -s HUP 507 SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), killall(1), ps(1), sh(1), kill(2), sigaction(2) STANDARDS
The kill utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A kill command appeared in Version 3 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
A replacement for the command ``kill 0'' for csh(1) users should be provided. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD