Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell programming for process? Post 79723 by robocup on Saturday 30th of July 2005 07:26:21 AM
Old 07-30-2005
Data shell programming for process?

If I want to write program that spread the work to its child process so that each process compute some task what should I do?

The objective of my program is to fill in the table which (10*10) in dimension and each column is filled with the fibonacci value of i+j (i mean current row and j mean current column). I want my program to spread the work to its child process so that each process compute the value in T[*,j] (* mean every row,j mean current column).

for example one of the child process must compute T[0,j] ,T[1,j] ,T[2,j]
T[3,j] ,T[4,j] ,T[5,j] , T[6,j] ,T[7,j] ,T[8,j] ,T[9,j]

(T[i,j] compute the value of fibonacci of i+j)

Help me please........Thank you
Best regard

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming

I have a fix_table.ksh script that takes a TABLENAME and a date. So, in jk_table_file.txt I have the tables...one per line, and in jk_out_file.txt I have the date in the format I need. The following doesn not 'want' to work in a shell script... for TABLE in `cat jk_table_file.txt`; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWK1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process accounting and Shell process time

Hi All, I am running the following accounting on one of my executable, $ accton /home/myexe-acct $ ./myexe $ accton When I check the process timings I get the below result, Shell process time: 300ms myexe time: 100ms I want to know on why the shell(sh) process is taking so much time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshbr4
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help on shell programming

Hi guys, I need some help to create a script or command :rolleyes: I do not have much experience in shell programming :confused: I have a file with the lines below on 10000 lines: 12.06.09/14:20:13 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:16 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:17 3 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:18 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julienp
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Files to be merged. File1(1.txt) ----------- 1|2|Y 2|5|N File2(2.txt) ----------- 1|abc 2|xyz 3|pqr My Code: --------- nawk ' BEGIN { FS=OFS="|" } NR==FNR { (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL PROGRAMMING

Using shell scripting, implement ‘scan.sh' that scans the file system recursively starting from current working directory and generates the file ‘index.txt' that contains a line for each file (or directory) with following fields in tab separated format: 1. The full path of the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kranthikiran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming

Hi every one,i am new to unix.Can any one tell me about shell programming.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: martina100011
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Programming

Multi process programming in C

So I am trying to learn C and am coding some scripts on my own. For a start I have decided to port the shell script developed by wisecracker into C.( Here is the link to that script A simple reminder script for beginners to shell scripting. | Unix Linux Forums | OS X (Apple) ) This is what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell programming

1)Shell program which displays a list of all files in the current directory to which you (other than owner and group) have only read and execute permission. 2)Shell program which deletes all the lines containing the word 'UNIX' in the files supplied as arguments to this program. 3)Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramanath
1 Replies
FORK(2) 						      BSD System Calls Manual							   FORK(2)

NAME
fork -- create a new process SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> pid_t fork(void); DESCRIPTION
Fork() causes creation of a new process. The new process (child process) is an exact copy of the calling process (parent process) except for the following: o The child process has a unique process ID. o The child process has a different parent process ID (i.e., the process ID of the parent process). o The child process has its own copy of the parent's descriptors. These descriptors reference the same underlying objects, so that, for instance, file pointers in file objects are shared between the child and the parent, so that an lseek(2) on a descriptor in the child process can affect a subsequent read or write by the parent. This descriptor copying is also used by the shell to establish standard input and output for newly created processes as well as to set up pipes. o The child processes resource utilizations are set to 0; see setrlimit(2). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, fork() returns a value of 0 to the child process and returns the process ID of the child process to the parent process. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned to the parent process, no child process is created, and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Fork() will fail and no child process will be created if: [EAGAIN] The system-imposed limit on the total number of processes under execution would be exceeded. This limit is configuration- dependent. [EAGAIN] The system-imposed limit MAXUPRC (<sys/param.h>) on the total number of processes under execution by a single user would be exceeded. [ENOMEM] There is insufficient swap space for the new process. SEE ALSO
execve(2), wait(2) HISTORY
A fork() function call appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 4, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution