Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Lots of file copyingand renaming? Post 79679 by piltrafa on Friday 29th of July 2005 02:33:09 PM
Old 07-29-2005
Something like this.....

for foobar in * ; do mv $foobar newfile$foobar ; done

.... could help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting lots of files.....

Hi All, Thanks in advance for reading and any posts... I have to delete a lot of files (about 6 pages of a4 (ls -ltr)) but I have to keep some as well. I would normally do an rm * to get rid of them all, but thats not what I want to do. Is there anyway I could rm * but add in a list of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

Lots of questions about linux.

I am about 2 months new to Linux, and have only limited experience with PCLinuxOS, (kde) and Redhat. I am installing the latest version of PClinuxOS on my wife's PC right now but running into a problem I dont understand. I have never seen it before so i thought i'd ask how I can get around it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

3. Programming

problem with lots of open sockets

I'm programming in C with lots of sockets, (asynchronous handling), and for a while it goes ok, but after a while it starts to hang, or not get complete connections anymore. checking my router, i see that i get nat tables overflow and even my DNS cacher seems to be having serious issues... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alien999999999
4 Replies

4. AIX

Lots of page faults and free memory

Hello, I've been reading your forums for quite a while and the great amount of information I find here always come in hand.This time however, I need some specific help... I have a doubt with an AIX server which I'm failing to understand as I'm new to its concept of memory management... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flpgdt
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

netstat showing lots of errors

Hi, I have a server which receive lots of events to it and when I do netstat -Ie1000g0, I'm seeing the errors as below. Name Mtu Net/Dest Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Queue e1000g0 1500 abc-1.com abc-1.com 3093708246 12757 92069412 0 0 0 If anyone could direct me to right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lots of sed

Hi, I have 200 lines of sed commands in a shellscript sed s/TSTARTO2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_1/TSTARTO2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_24/g sed s/O2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_1/O2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_24/g sed s/TENDO2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_1/TENDO2GPRSEVENTAPNACCSUM_24/g sed s/BSTARTO2EVENTITEM_1/BSTARTO2EVENTITEM_24/g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename lots of files with find?

Can someone help me with this script. I have a bunch of files like this: "2209OS_02_Code" "2209OS_03_Code" "2209OS_04_Code" "2209OS_05_Code" "2209OS_06_Code" "2209OS_07_Code" "2209OS_08_Code" "2209OS_09_Code" "2209OS_10_Code" "2209OS_10_video" and I want to rename them to be like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove answers and explanation parts from a text file with lots of questions.?

Hi, I have a text file with thousands of questions in it. Each question (multiple lines) with multiple choice options, Answer and Explanation (optional). I need to delete Answer & explanation parts for all Questions and insert a blank line before net question. Each question starts with NO. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies
Cgroup classifier in tc(8)                                             Linux                                            Cgroup classifier in tc(8)

NAME
cgroup - control group based traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... cgroup [ match EMATCH_TREE ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
This filter serves as a hint to tc that the assigned class ID of the net_cls control group the process the packet originates from belongs to should be used for classification. Obviously, it is useful for locally generated packets only. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. match EMATCH_TREE Match packets using the extended match infrastructure. See tc-ematch(8) for a detailed description of the allowed syntax in EMATCH_TREE. EXAMPLES
In order to use this filter, a net_cls control group has to be created first and class as well as process ID(s) assigned to it. The follow- ing creates a net_cls cgroup named "foobar": modprobe cls_cgroup mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mount -t cgroup -onet_cls net_cls /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar To assign a class ID to the created cgroup, a file named net_cls.classid has to be created which contains the class ID to be assigned as a hexadecimal, 64bit wide number. The upper 32bits are reserved for the major handle, the remaining hold the minor. So a class ID of e.g. ff:be has to be written like so: 0xff00be (leading zeroes may be omitted). To continue the above example, the following assigns class ID 1:2 to foobar cgroup: echo 0x10002 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/net_cls.classid Finally some PIDs can be assigned to the given cgroup: echo 1234 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks echo 5678 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks Now by simply attaching a cgroup filter to a qdisc makes packets from PIDs 1234 and 5678 be pushed into class 1:2. SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-ematch(8), the file Documentation/cgroups/net_cls.txt of the Linux kernel tree iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Cgroup classifier in tc(8)