Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dot files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dot files Post 79623 by Euler04 on Friday 29th of July 2005 04:52:38 AM
Old 07-29-2005
I was fool.
Thank you for your help.

Euler04

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I search my dot files for suspicious text?

My company Unix guru enabled fortune in my .login (dot login?) file. When i asked him how he did it he told me to search my dot files for "suspicious" text. He wants me to learn more about all of the dot files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobie_doo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting on dot in perl

I am trying to split input that looks like ,2005-09-12 01:45:00.000000,2005-09-12 01:48:18.000000, I want to split on the dot . What I am using is ($ev_time,$rol)=split(/\./),$inputfile; This does not recognize the dot as what I want to split on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to list dot files

hey. i am a bit new to unix and i am trying to figure out how to list the names of the 'dot' files that are in my account. what command does this? thank you very much for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jakeman1086
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Recursive search for group or other writeable 'dot' files

I'm looking for a easy way to do a recursive search through a directory structure for all files that begin with '.' that are group or other writable. Any suggestions? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable name with dot(.)

Hi, Is it possible to declare variable with name having dot(.) in it ? something like gs.test='HELLO' Thanks in advance :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopalss
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to type a dot(.) instead of character?

Hi, I want to connect a Oracle databse through unix shell script. When I will execute a shell script it will ask for user name and password to connect the databsae. At the time of entering the password field value, it willl display the characters like star(*), dot(.) instead of exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing trailing dot

how to print a continuous trailing dot in output like ".........................." while a script is executing. Can anyone help... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
23 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv or cp with a . (dot)?

How can I rename a file with a . prefix? I actually need to copy the file but the . seems to be very tough to do. mv ./bla ../fa/la/.bla - doesn't work. I've tried all sorts of bracketing and that doesn't work. Maybe the only way to do it would be to name the file _.bla then rename it... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
19 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)