Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unknown error message "sh: No: not found" Post 79256 by cindytucci on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 11:40:18 AM
Old 07-26-2005
unknown error message "sh: No: not found"

I am getting this error message (sh: No: not found) and I have no idea what line in my unix script its coming from or what it means. Can anyone help?

thanks,
Cindy

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100"

I recently got this new old server from a friend. I just installed a fresh version of Solaris 10 on it. I have put a static IP of 192.168.100.10 the server. Their is no subnetting scheme on the network. And I made the hostname "SunServ." And I also changed the folder "/etc/inet/hosts" because I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem." I called IBM and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

Could interrupt disabled cause "opreport error: No sample file found"?

Hi All I would like to profile my application with oprofile but I can't since no samples are collected. The kernel of my app is 2.6 on RED HAT Enterprise 5.3 (Tikanga) so OProfile is setup in timer interrupt mode # opcontrol --list-events Using timer interrupt. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)