Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed command for using with back slashes Post 79109 by seaten on Monday 25th of July 2005 11:59:02 AM
Old 07-25-2005
sweet, worked good for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Back Command

I'm pretty new to UNIX and was wondering what is the Unix command for going back one directory? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatic
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Back Referencing in SED

Hi, I have tried all examples of back referencing from the web but all in vain. It would be heavily helpful if someone explains me the use of back referencing and sub expression using an example of substitution. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - how to remove trailing slashes

I know you can remove trialing slashes using: #echo "/tmp/one/two/three////" | sed "s,/$,," /tmp/one/two/three/// But I want to know how to make it remove all trialing flashes in the front, and in the start, so the end result is: tmp/one/two/three Anyone have any idea how to do this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed when a match has forward slashes

I'm trying to replace an alias with its match using sed but the match contains forward slashs so it causes the sed command to throw a garbled message.. cmd_list.txt sample AIX_myserver_1011_vintella.sudoers_cmndalias sample I'm trying to use the below but like I say it throws a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to copy/paste with slashes and tabs.

I have: 2012/01_January/Kite/foldername/otherfoldername/placeholderBlue I want to end up with: /foldername/otherfoldername/2012/01_January/Kite/Blue Basically take everything before the first tab and put it in the place of the consistently named word placeholder and add a slash in place... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring back a file changed with sed

Hello everbody I changed one of my important files with a false sed statement by mistake now I lost my file and I hope I could bring it back what I did was: sed '/^..//' a > myfile myfile should have been another file like b ot something I know I also forgot to place an 's' to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed back reference error

I am trying to change a single line of a special file whose comment character is ! to show a path to the file in the comment. such as: !!HFSS and mcm path: \Signal_Integrity\Package_SI\Section_Models\C4toTrace\28nm\D6HS\SLC_5-2-5\GZ41_ICZ\NSSS\ to a different path and replace the !!HFSS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobrien601
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract text in sed using back reference

i have a text 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 i want to get 22 using sed back reference. I have used sed 's/{6}\(..\).*/\1/' but, it does not work. I am missing something somewhere. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - use back reference in 2nd command

I have data that looks like this: <Country code="US"><tag>adsf</tag><tag>bdfs</tag></Country><Country code="CA"><tag>asdf</tag><tag>bsdf</tag></Country> I want to grab the country code save it, then drop each new "<..." onto a new line with the country code added to the beginning of each So,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferAmon
9 Replies
SVN-BISECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SVN-BISECT(1)

NAME
svn-bisect - Bisect Subversion revisions to find a regression SYNOPSIS
svn-bisect start [good_rev [bad_rev]] svn-bisect {good|bad} [rev] svn-bisect run command svn-bisect reset svn-bisect status DESCRIPTION
svn-bisect helps to automate finding a bug or behavior change in a Subversion working copy. Given an initial "good" revision, with the desired or original behavior, and a newer "bad" revision, with the undesired or modified behavior, svn-bisect will do a binary search through the revision range to find which revision caused the change. svn-bisect must be initialized in a working copy, with svn-bisect start. It also needs to be given at least one good revision (the base- line) and one bad revision (known modified behavior) revision. Sub-commands: start Initializes or reinitializes svn-bisect; optionally takes good and bad revision parameters. good rev bad rev Tells svn-bisect that a revision is good or bad, defining or narrowing the search space. If not specified, revision defaults to the current revision in the working copy. svn-bisect will then update to a revision halfway between the new good and bad boundaries. If this update crosses a point where a branch was created, it switches in or out of the branch. reset Resets the working copy to the revision and branch where svn-bisect start was run. In the simple case this is equivalent to rm -r .svn-bisect; svn update, but not if it has crossed branches, and not if you did not start at the HEAD revision. In any case, svn-bisect never keeps track of mixed-revision working copies, so do not use svn-bisect in a working copy that will need to be restored to mixed revisions. status Prints a brief status message. run command Runs the bisection in a loop. You must have already defined initial good and bad boundary conditions. Each iteration through the loop runs command as a shell command (a single argument, quoted if necessary) on the chosen revision, then marks the revision as good or bad, based on the exit status of command. EXAMPLES
Assume you are trying to find which revision between 1250 and 1400 caused the make check command to fail. svn-bisect start 1250 1400 svn-bisect run 'make check' svn-bisect reset ENVIRONMENT
SVN The Subversion command-line program to call (default svn). FILES
.svn-bisect The directory containing state information, removed after a successful bisection. SEE ALSO
git-bisect(1). AUTHOR
Written by Robert Millan and Peter Samuelson, for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2009-10-22 SVN-BISECT(1)