Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print Queues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Queues Post 7902 by Scottb7711 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 06:42:18 AM
Old 10-03-2001
The Win2k server is running a 3rd party software called NIPrint. This software allows you to create print queues that receive the UNIX print stream. It then creates a file with the print stream or sends it to a printer. It also sends a notification back to the UNIX print queue when the entire print stream is received.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at queues

Hi, I submit some processes throught an at queue with the cmd at -q queue. I can easily check the waiting process with atq. But how can I check running processes within a specific queue ? Thanks, Stef (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stef
2 Replies

2. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Server Admin- Print queues

Hi there, I have some problems in re-setting up the print queues on XServe running Mac OSX Server 10.3.4 I did have the print queues running at some stage, until some unknown error occured that stopped all the queues from working. Recently I tried to re-create the queues, by deleting the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inprat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

let 3 processes a, b and c are sharing msgs using msg queues.process 'a' sending msg to 'c' and in turn 'c' send sthat msg to 'b'.if something happens to c how can 'a' and 'b' know that 'c' is not available?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukaam
2 Replies

5. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

message queues

#include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/msg.h> int main() { int qid; int t; struct msgbuf mesg; qid=msgget(IPC_PRIVATE,IPC_CREAT); mesg.mtype=1L; mesg.mtext=1; t=msgsnd(qid,&mesg,1,0); printf("%d",t); } the program prints -1 as the result of msgsnd ,which means that msgsnd doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolkki
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

9. Programming

Scheduling Queues: Help

I have a problem understanding the different scheduling queues (Ready Queue, I/O Queue, Job Queue) Can you please explain/illustrate/differentiate these queues to me? Thanks a lot guys.;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
FOOMATIC-PRINTJOB(1)					      General Commands Manual					      FOOMATIC-PRINTJOB(1)

NAME
foomatic-printjob - manage printer jobs in a spooler-independent fashion SYNOPSIS
foomatic-printjob [ -s spooler ] [ -P queuename ] [ -o option1=value1 -o option2 ... ] [ -i ] [ file1 file2 ... ] foomatic-printjob -Q [ -s spooler ] [ -P queuename ] [ -i ] [ -a ] [ user1 user2 ... ] foomatic-printjob -R [ -s spooler ] [ -P queuename ] [ -i ] [ - | jobid1 jobid2 ... ] foomatic-printjob -C [ -s spooler ] [ -i ] command [ arguments ] foomatic-printjob -S [ -s spooler ] [ -i ] foomatic-printjob -h [ -s spooler ] [ -P queuename ] [ -i ] DESCRIPTION
foomatic-printjob provides a spooler-independent interface to creating and managing printer jobs and print queues. Note that the first argument changes the mode of the command, as it combines the functionality of several System V-style printing commands. OPTIONS -sspooler Explicit spooler type. -Pqueuename Any commands specified should apply to this queue instead of the default. -ooption=value Set option to value -ooption Set the switch option -#n Print n copies file1 file2 ... Files to be printed, when no file is given, standard input will be printed -Q Query the jobs in a queue. If a list of users is specified, only those users' jobs will be queried. -Q -a Query the jobs in all queues. If a list of users is specified, only those users' jobs will be queried. -R [ - | jobid1 jobid2 ... ] Remove a job from a queue. Using - will remove all jobs. -C command [ arguments ] Execute control commands for queue/job manipulation. The commands are the ones of the BSD "lpc" utility. Use the control command "help" to get a list of supported commands. Note: the amount of commands varies with the spooler, but the same commands given under different spoolers do the same thing. -i Interactive mode: You will be asked if foomatic-printjob is in doubt about something. Otherwise foomatic-printjob uses auto- detection or quits with an error. -S Save the chosen spooler as the default spooler -h Show this message or show a list of available options if a queue is specified SEE ALSO
foomatic-configure(1) and the documentation for your print spooler. AUTHOR
Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.Shuttle.de> and Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> for the foomatic project using output from the associated binary. BUGS
This manpage still needs some editing. Foomatic Project 2001-01-06 FOOMATIC-PRINTJOB(1)