Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help me
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help me Post 7890 by devnul on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 12:45:52 AM
Old 10-03-2001
This error means that you have not installed the Sun C-compiler.... ...

However, there is another option.. You can install the GNU c-compiler.. ;> (Of course, this means you need to modify your PATH variable and stuff so that when you type "cc" it uses the GNU c-compiler and not the one which comes with your system...)... The default Sun c-compiler is very basic and designed for building kernels (and that's really about it)...

SOme other utilities which you should install to make your system work nicely:

autoconf
automake
GNU-make
bash
bison
flex
gtar
gunzip/gzip
binutils
perl (recent version)

There are a couple of other things, but I just can't think of them right now.... But, that' s a reasonable start for development (in my not-so-humble opinion..)

- dEvNuL

xml2-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    xml2-config(1)

NAME
xml2-config - script to get information about the installed version of libxml SYNOPSIS
xml2-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xml2-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libxml. OPTIONS
xml2-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libxml on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libxml program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libxml program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libxml was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). NOTES
Source for libxml is available in the SUNWlxmlS package. Documentation for libxml is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/ 3 July 1999 xml2-config(1)