Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 , gensyms command, translate 32 bit addr to 64 bit addr Post 78862 by mrmeswani on Friday 22nd of July 2005 01:22:42 PM
Old 07-22-2005
Question AIX 5.3 , gensyms command, translate 32 bit addr to 64 bit addr

I am trying to map the information from the gensyms command, Its gives information about the various symbols info like symbol type, addr offset, and the main libraries addr starting point. My problem is , how do I map this 32 bit addr to a 64 bit addr, I am trying to extract Segment # information for each loaded library. My AIX kernel is a 64 bits, running on POWER4, and os version is 5.3.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finger, getting name and pts from ip addr

im ultra new at unix and was wondering if its possible to create aliases of the write command that send messeges to users using an ip address. i was thinking to use the '|awk' with the command finger but as i've said im a total newbie. thanks a lot in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swag:þ
2 Replies

2. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my_server.1.131.10.in-addr.arpa

Hi all, I am a newbie of setting up DNS server. Everything went fine except one thing. When I do "nslookup", my server name apears as "my_server.1.131.10.in-addr.arpa" rather than "my_server.my_domian.com" on my clients. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Internal heap ERROR 17113 addr=0x0

Hi, I'm running a COBOL process (with subroutines in standard C accessing an oracle database using OCI calls, using shared memories and sem etc....) on an AIX 5.1 machine. Under unusually heavy conditions (millions of loops in the process) I've got the following error: Execution error : file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isax50
0 Replies

5. Solaris

BAD TRAP: type=30 rp=2a10001b840 addr=2a000012040 mmu_fsr=0

Hello Gurus, I got a system reboot due to "unix: BAD TRAP: type=30 rp=2a10001b840 addr=2a000012040 mmu_fsr=0" on SUNW,Netra-CP2300. I guess it is caused by HW fault but not very sure, and don't know which part should be relaced incase it is HW reason really. Sincerely appreciate for your... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fangfang
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

TTL for IP addr from DNS through C code

Hi All, I know that getaddrinfo() return the multiple IP addresses (if present) for a hostname. But, I want to know how to get the TTL value for this list from DNS. I want to get this TTL value and cache this IP address list for that much time and then again go for DNS resolution if TTL expires. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softindia
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How do I resolve ip addr in a text file?

Hi, I need to resolve IP to names in a text file. I was thinking of using some unix commands. Ksh. Text in file contains a lot of these entries: .. 20 6 <166>%ASA-6-302013: Built inbound TCP connection 12690562 for inside2:10.86.6.20/3678 (10.86.6.20/3678) to inside:10.107.22.12/1947... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasselhaven
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ARCH_PRCTL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     ARCH_PRCTL(2)

NAME
arch_prctl - set architecture-specific thread state SYNOPSIS
#include <asm/prctl.h> #include <sys/prctl.h> int arch_prctl(int code, unsigned long addr); int arch_prctl(int code, unsigned long *addr); DESCRIPTION
The arch_prctl() function sets architecture-specific process or thread state. code selects a subfunction and passes argument addr to it; addr is interpreted as either an unsigned long for the "set" operations, or as an unsigned long *, for the "get" operations. Sub functions for x86-64 are: ARCH_SET_FS Set the 64-bit base for the FS register to addr. ARCH_GET_FS Return the 64-bit base value for the FS register of the current thread in the unsigned long pointed to by addr. ARCH_SET_GS Set the 64-bit base for the GS register to addr. ARCH_GET_GS Return the 64-bit base value for the GS register of the current thread in the unsigned long pointed to by addr. RETURN VALUE
On success, arch_prctl() returns 0; on error, -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EFAULT addr points to an unmapped address or is outside the process address space. EINVAL code is not a valid subcommand. EPERM addr is outside the process address space. CONFORMING TO
arch_prctl() is a Linux/x86-64 extension and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
arch_prctl() is only supported on Linux/x86-64 for 64-bit programs currently. The 64-bit base changes when a new 32-bit segment selector is loaded. ARCH_SET_GS is disabled in some kernels. Context switches for 64-bit segment bases are rather expensive. It may be a faster alternative to set a 32-bit base using a segment selec- tor by setting up an LDT with modify_ldt(2) or using the set_thread_area(2) system call in kernel 2.5 or later. arch_prctl() is only needed when you want to set bases that are larger than 4GB. Memory in the first 2GB of address space can be allocated by using mmap(2) with the MAP_32BIT flag. As of version 2.7, glibc provides no prototype for arch_prctl(). You have to declare it yourself for now. This may be fixed in future glibc versions. FS may be already used by the threading library. SEE ALSO
mmap(2), modify_ldt(2), prctl(2), set_thread_area(2) AMD X86-64 Programmer's manual COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2007-12-26 ARCH_PRCTL(2)