Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin Post 78858 by marks on Friday 22nd of July 2005 12:00:22 PM
Old 07-22-2005
fixed !!

-lcurses appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for an incredibly swift response.
-marks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

curses (ncurses) library question

Hi again. I'm using the curses functions simply to output data to the screen in certain areas. Very simple, just using the full screen, no windows. The problem is that I'm calling mvprintw from within several child processes in the same session, and the output is going bananas. ie, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TelePlayer
1 Replies

2. Programming

Can't find curses library

I am writing a c program with the use of the curses but when i tried compiling i get the error that the curses library is not found the header file i included is curses.h and th command i typed is gcc -o chat chat.c -lcurses 1) Is this correct in linux? 2) found a file libncurses.so.5.2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenon830
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Darwin typeset -i

From the bash manpage: typeset ] What I'm trying to do is add two values in hexadecimal and have the resulting number display in hexadecimal. What I get is the result displayed in decimal. For instance: a=0x10 b=0x30 ((c=a+b)) echo $c ...displays 64. The arithmatic is correct, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loriel
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open Darwin iso problem.

Very new to OD and unix. I need to know how to create a bootable CD from the ISO. thanks :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Front
3 Replies

6. Programming

Someone can give me some document about Curses Library?

I am programming on Linux using curses library but I found the document is not sufficient.Someone can help me? Thank you!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yixudong
4 Replies

7. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Locking with fcntl on Darwin Mac OSX

Hello I have a Perl script that works on non-darwin Mac OS X environments and I think I have narrowed down the issue to a file locking problem. In other linux environments, the flock struct is defined differently. I have adjusted this via the reference for Mac OS X fcntl(2) man page. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for using curses library

I am using curses library for graphics on linux. I have created a static GUI which contains two boxes which cover the whole screen, but when i make the screen small it shows only the half GUI, it does'nt adjust according to the the new window size. I want the GUI to adjust according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apapap
1 Replies
ncursesw5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ncursesw5-config(1)

NAME
ncursesw5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncursesw5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /usr/share/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
curses(3X) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20130511). ncursesw5-config(1)