Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print Queues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Queues Post 7866 by devnul on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 08:34:27 PM
Old 10-02-2001
You are running a lpr spooler on win2k?... Sounds like something is unable to do a reverse DNS lookup or something... *shrug*...

I'd start at the DNS level and make sure your system can reverse lookup your IP and stuff...

- dEvNuL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at queues

Hi, I submit some processes throught an at queue with the cmd at -q queue. I can easily check the waiting process with atq. But how can I check running processes within a specific queue ? Thanks, Stef (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stef
2 Replies

2. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Server Admin- Print queues

Hi there, I have some problems in re-setting up the print queues on XServe running Mac OSX Server 10.3.4 I did have the print queues running at some stage, until some unknown error occured that stopped all the queues from working. Recently I tried to re-create the queues, by deleting the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inprat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

let 3 processes a, b and c are sharing msgs using msg queues.process 'a' sending msg to 'c' and in turn 'c' send sthat msg to 'b'.if something happens to c how can 'a' and 'b' know that 'c' is not available?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukaam
2 Replies

5. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

message queues

#include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/msg.h> int main() { int qid; int t; struct msgbuf mesg; qid=msgget(IPC_PRIVATE,IPC_CREAT); mesg.mtype=1L; mesg.mtext=1; t=msgsnd(qid,&mesg,1,0); printf("%d",t); } the program prints -1 as the result of msgsnd ,which means that msgsnd doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolkki
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

9. Programming

Scheduling Queues: Help

I have a problem understanding the different scheduling queues (Ready Queue, I/O Queue, Job Queue) Can you please explain/illustrate/differentiate these queues to me? Thanks a lot guys.;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
ipa-server-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					     ipa-server-install(1)

NAME
ipa-server-install - Configure an IPA server SYNOPSIS
ipa-server-install [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Configures the services needed by an IPA server. This includes setting up a Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and a Kadmin daemon with an LDAP back-end, configuring Apache, configuring NTP and optionally configuring and starting an LDAP-backed DNS server. By default a dog- tag-based CA will be configured to issue server certificates. OPTIONS
BASIC OPTIONS -r REALM_NAME, --realm=REALM_NAME The Kerberos realm name for the IPA server. You will not be able to estabilish trust with Active Directory unless the realm name is uppercased domain name. -n DOMAIN_NAME, --domain=DOMAIN_NAME Your DNS domain name -p DM_PASSWORD, --ds-password=DM_PASSWORD The password to be used by the Directory Server for the Directory Manager user -P MASTER_PASSWORD, --master-password=MASTER_PASSWORD The kerberos master password (normally autogenerated) -a ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD The password for the IPA admin user --mkhomedir Create home directories for users on their first login --hostname=HOST_NAME The fully-qualified DNS name of this server. If the hostname does not match system hostname, the system hostname will be updated accordingly to prevent service failures. --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of this server. If this address does not match the address the host resolves to and --setup-dns is not selected the installation will fail. If the server hostname is not resolvable, a record for the hostname and IP_ADDRESS is added to /etc/hosts. -N, --no-ntp Do not configure NTP --idstart=IDSTART The starting user and group id number (default random) --idmax=IDMAX The maximum user and group id number (default: idstart+199999). If set to zero, the default value will be used. --no_hbac_allow Don't install allow_all HBAC rule. This rule lets any user from any host access any service on any other host. It is expected that users will remove this rule before moving to production. --no-ui-redirect Do not automatically redirect to the Web UI. --ssh-trust-dns Configure OpenSSH client to trust DNS SSHFP records. --no-ssh Do not configure OpenSSH client. --no-sshd Do not configure OpenSSH server. -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input CERTIFICATE SYSTEM OPTIONS --external-ca Generate a CSR to be signed by an external CA --external_cert_file=FILE PEM file containing a certificate signed by the external CA. Must be given with --external_ca_file. --external_ca_file=FILE PEM file containing the external CA chain --dirsrv_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Directory Server SSL Certificate --http_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Apache Server SSL Certificate --dirsrv_pin=DIRSRV_PIN The password of the Directory Server PKCS#12 file --http_pin=HTTP_PIN The password of the Apache Server PKCS#12 file --subject=SUBJECT The certificate subject base (default O=REALM.NAME) DNS OPTIONS --setup-dns Generate a DNS zone if it does not exist already and configure the DNS server. This option requires that you either specify at least one DNS forwarder through the --forwarder option or use the --no-forwarders option. Note that you can set up a DNS at any time after the initial IPA server install by running ipa-dns-install (see ipa-dns-install(1)). --forwarder=IP_ADDRESS Add a DNS forwarder to the DNS configuration. You can use this option multiple times to specify more forwarders, but at least one must be provided, unless the --no-forwarders option is specified. --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders. Root DNS servers will be used instead. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create reverse DNS zone --zonemgr The e-mail address of the DNS zone manager. Defaults to hostmaster@DOMAIN --no-host-dns Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation --no-dns-sshfp Do not automatically create DNS SSHFP records. UNINSTALL OPTIONS --uninstall Uninstall an existing IPA installation -U, --unattended An unattended uninstallation that will never prompt for user input EXIT STATUS
0 if the (un)installation was successful 1 if an error occurred SEE ALSO
ipa-dns-install(1) IPA
Jun 28 2012 ipa-server-install(1)