Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static? Post 78643 by Micky on Thursday 21st of July 2005 07:58:52 AM
Old 07-21-2005
Hi guys,

I think I've found it. The default priority was set in the program to SCHED_FIFO. Unfortunatly this is only allowed for root on the linux environment (unlike solaris?!).
I only wonder why it does not have the same problem if I link dynamicly. If somebody could answer me that I would be really greatful, because I really want to understand what I am doing.

Grtz,

Miriam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Operation not permitted" when copying directories

I'm kicking Unix questions out like Bruce Lee. So I'm copying a directory of files, in each directory I inevitablly get this: I get that for usually the same set of directories/files in each folder. Is there a way to override this when copying files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff on c-source file always returns "files differ"

I have a c-source file that is evidently seen by unix as a binary file. When doing a diff between it and older versions with substantial differences, diff will only return "files differ". I have tried cat-ing the file to another file; tried using the "-h" on the diff; I have tried ftp-ing it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C-Prog-Man
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User gets "The operation could not be completed because you do not have enough access privileges."

Does anyone know why this could be happening? User tries to save into a directory, but gets the error message. I checked permissions on directory and see the following: drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Nov 22 14:46 Folder 1 drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Oct 19 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrivic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Checking RAID health, metastat returns "no database"

Hello, I am supposed to check the RAID health of a system but when I type metastat it says "there are no existing databases" Does this mean that there is no RAID configured at all? Is there any other utility I should try? I know the system has two disks. Tanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cevspencer
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Assiging "static" IPv6 address for a jumpstart target.

I provision Solaris10 using jumpstart. I know we can enable IPv6 by setting protocol_ipv6=yes in the sysidcfg file. Is there a way to assign Static IPv6 address using sysidcfg/jumpstart method (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
LINK(1) 							   User Commands							   LINK(1)

NAME
link - call the link function to create a link to a file SYNOPSIS
link FILE1 FILE2 link OPTION DESCRIPTION
Call the link function to create a link named FILE2 to an existing FILE1. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Michael Stone. REPORTING BUGS
Report link bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report link translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
link(2) The full documentation for link is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and link programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'link invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 LINK(1)