Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Real smart question
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Real smart question Post 78531 by ErNci on Wednesday 20th of July 2005 07:38:08 AM
Old 07-20-2005
lp send requests to a local printer from a Solaris host.

For SunOS it's lpr.

Obviously they're both present on current OS, but it's good practise to use the correct one incase you end up using an older version of Solaris.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smart question

eg. : there is a file - 322 bytes, how can I (or you) view just a half of file (161 bytes)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

smart script?

First, I know that's a bad title. I couldn't think of anything short enough. ... I wrote the following script to let me know when various parts of the network are down. It used to look like this before last weekend when I got over 500 emails about 1 host being down all weekend: this is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart

Is it possible for both commands to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)