Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux Network problems-Please help Post 78119 by sybella1 on Friday 15th of July 2005 02:33:32 PM
Old 07-15-2005
Hi RTM,
Thanks very much that was very helpful. I have internet connection now.

regards,
sybella.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows xp network problems

Hello guys , i have a big big problem. At the company that i work for there are like 4 pcs that are sending and recieving a lot of packets to the point that the network is down. we think that it might be a virus, we run all the antivirus that you could posible think of and nothing so far. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. Slackware

Network Startup Problems

I recently installed slackware 11 and have been very happy with it until I found out that some gnome related apps can cause gnome's network manager to alter the rc.init1 script by adding 3 lines to the script containing only the command, eth_up. This causes the script not to run properly and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How can i simulate network problems between unix machines ?

Hello all i need to simulate method invocations between 2 machine ( using corba ) now i like to test the method invoke timeout from machine1 to machine2 for that i need to simulate network being busy , can it be done some how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problems with SS5 Network

Hey. i have a SPARCstation 5 running solaris 8 and CDE, i know this hardware is really old but its the only Solaris machine i can afford at this time, (Student) but im having a hard time getting it on the internet, im using a cable modem, andt DHCP IPv4, but i can`t get a connection, i have heard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Network Install Problems T2000

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Troubleshooting Solairs 10 Network problems

recently I've setup a Solaris 10 box & am having network disruption, e.g. disconnects, interrupted pings, etc) when I connect to it from another machine, how should I troubleshoot this ! The machine is a x86 box with 3 NICs (Differnet providors). The Current NIC is a Intel Gigabit, which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
4 Replies

7. SCO

network problems with sco

SCO unix 5.0.5 - Suddently network lost & has to be reboot. I try to stop TCP & start TCP. but no connection. Any idea about that. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajantha
8 Replies

8. SCO

Problems with network card in SCO

hello, i am new to unix and need support</SPAN></SPAN> </SPAN></SPAN>The problem is: I have a SCO 5.0.5 server, and has no local network access, I think my problem are the drivers for network card. my network card is Kingston EtheRx PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter KNE120TX and already installed the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel_cie
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vmware 7 unixware 7.13 network problems

i need help, i will always accord mine if my scope allows me, help me in this one.. am running vmware 7.0 in winserver 2008 on a cq61-425el, my network driver is installed correctly. and my vmware network drivers have added as well (in the device manager section). During installation i wasnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baitz
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to demonstrate network problems?

Hi, I work on several Sun servers running Solaris (SunOS 5.10). All of these are Application Servers with a propietary software running on it. It happens that some times (not regularly/deterministic and not so often, i.e. twice a month circa) we register what I think are network problems. I say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
4 Replies
install-netsync(1)					      General Commands Manual						install-netsync(1)

NAME
install-netsync - reads or sets the Network Preferences information on a Palm Device SYNOPSIS
install-netsync -p /dev/pilot -e -n <hostname> -i <ip> -m <netmask> DESCRIPTION
install-netsync allows the user to read or change the Network Preferences stored on the Pilot OPTIONS -p --port <port>, Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for install-netsync -v --version Display version of install-netsync -e --enable Enable the LanSync operation (instead of local HotSync) -n --name <hostname>, Sets the hostname of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the hostname of the Palm device itself -i --ip Set the IP address of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the IP address of the Palm device itself -m --mask Set the netmask of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the netmask address of the Palm device itself USAGE
The program will connect to a target Palm handheld device, and read or set the Network Preferences information specified or display the Network Preferences stored on the Palm device KNOWN BUGS
install-netsync has no known bugs. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
install-netsync was created from the original install-user application originally written by D. Jeff Dionne <jeff@RyeHam.ee.ryerson.ca>, and was split it out into a separate conduit by JP Rosevear <jpr@ximian.com> Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools install-netsync(1)