Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list file which is accessed yesterday Post 78063 by aaron_fong on Friday 15th of July 2005 04:38:59 AM
Old 07-15-2005
list file which is accessed yesterday

how can I use 'ls' to list file which is accessed yesterday? Thx Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if a unix text file is being accessed?

I am writing a script that periodically reads in data from a text file. The only issue is that, that text file is periodically updated (appended to) by another script. I am using perl in UNIX environment. How can I check if that text file is being accessed, so I can wait until it is no longer being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickylui
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know which login file is being accessed

when unix is logged in it access some login file depending on the shell like .cshrc , .login , .vimrc , .bashrc how can we know which is being access in a perticular unix flavor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we get the list of users who accessed a file

Hi all, I will thankful if anybody helps me in finding out the users who accessed any of our files. Thanks in advance Chanakya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
2 Replies

5. AIX

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out last 5 users who have accessed a file?

Hi All, is there any command or script to find out last five users who have accessed a file thanks jcpratap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File shows in ls but cannot be accessed

I can do an ls -l CD* and see the following CDTEST userA RW RW R and I an logged on as userA. But if I do an ls -l the file does not appear. If I do a vi CDTEST it tries to create a new file named CDTEST. If I do a mv or rm I get the message no file of name CDTEST found. Any idea what is going on.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeeT
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file that are accessed less than 10 minutes in a directory

Hi All,, I need to find the latest files that are accessed less than 10mins in a particular directory & send those files in an attachment. I could use the below simple one. But if the directory was not updated any recently i could mail the old file again, i need to eliminate that.. What shld... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevitha
8 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)                                                         SMPPPD                                                         ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)