Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to retrieve the typed command Post 77996 by becket on Thursday 14th of July 2005 11:24:01 AM
Old 07-14-2005
with bash : ctrl-r

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix whenever i press esc key ^[ comes on the unix prompt . so esc k isnt working for me whenever i press backspace key i get ^H on my unix cursor need help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murli1200
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save all the command typed -urgent

hi I want to know how to save all the command used by all the used under a particular root with the time stamp in a file. Eg: User Name: UX10 Time: 10:56 Command: LS User Name: UX23 Time: 10:59 Command: MORE abc.txt Please do help. thanks and regards -Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandtharani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve only the Use% value from df command

when I do a df -k for a particular mount i get the result like this Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/ 4128448 3527496 391240 91% / I need to extract the value 91 from this and use it in my script in an if condition. How will i do it Please advice. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

4. Solaris

command to retrieve user information

Hi, I want the command to retrieve the existing user information such as * authorization * Profile * role * exipre(expiration date of login) * inactive please tell me how to do that Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

View command was typed

Hello All, I Am A New Member To This Group. Could you show me how to view all command was typed the same Redhat. Every I type arrow up and down to show the command was type but nothing to see. I must type it again. it is very slow. Thanks hoavn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command to retrieve one file

The Sed/Grep command is really confusing me. I know I'm missing something that should be really easy to fix. My program displays multiple names after I ask it to display only one, How do I get it to do only one?? it looks like this: Please enter a name to display? >> John (A list then... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: toejam
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve command line args one by on.

Hi, I have to store all the command line arguments into an array. I have the following code. ********************** #! /bin/sh set -A arr_no_updates i=1 while do arr_no_updates=$($i) echo ${arr_no_updates} i=$(($i+1)) done**************** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

9. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clipboard retrieve/paste command

I mainly use Max/MSP for my audio programming, but today I am working on a project that requires the use of shell. Is it possible to do this? Retrieve the contents of the clipboard. Send a keystroke to an application without loosing focus, for example, I want to initiate a paste command (with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies
fiu-ctrl(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fiu-ctrl(1)

NAME
fiu-ctrl - a script to remote control programs using libfiu SYNOPSIS
fiu-ctrl [options] PID [PID ...] DESCRIPTION
fiu-ctrl is a script to enable/disable failure points in running programs that are using libfiu(3). Programs are usually launched using fiu-run(1), which enables libfiu's remote control capabilities without the need to modify the program's code. For additional documentation, go to the project's website at http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. OPTIONS
-c command Run the given libfiu remote control command before executing the program (see below for reference). -f ctrlpath Set the default prefix for remote control over named pipes. Defaults to "$TMPDIR/fiu-ctrl", or "/tmp/fiu-ctrl" if "$TMPDIR" is not set, which is the usually correct for programs launched using fiu-run(1). Remote control commands are of the form "command param1=value1,param2=value2". Valid commands are: 'enable name=NAME' Enables the NAME failure point unconditionally. 'enable_random name=NAME,probability=P' Enables the NAME failure point with a probability of P. 'disable name=NAME' Disables the NAME failure point. All of the enable* commands can also optionally take failnum and failinfo parameters, analogous to the ones taken by the C functions. EXAMPLES
The following command will tell the process running with PID 12345 to enable the failure point posix/io/read with a 25% of probability to fail, and the failure point libc/mm/malloc with a 5% of probability to fail: fiu-ctrl -c 'enable_random name=posix/io/*,probability=0.25' -c 'enable_random name=libc/mm/*,probability=0.05' 12345 And the following will tell the same process to disable the previously enabled failure point posix/io/read: fiu-ctrl -c 'disable name=posix/io/read' 12345 SEE ALSO
libfiu(3), fiu-run(1). BUGS
If you want to report bugs, or have any questions or comments, just let me know at albertito@blitiri.com.ar. For more information about libfiu, you can go to http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. 16/Jun/2009 fiu-ctrl(1)