Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot connect to webserver
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Cannot connect to webserver Post 77874 by negixx on Wednesday 13th of July 2005 12:59:36 PM
Old 07-13-2005
dangral,

I tried chnging it to 8080, 808, etc but still does not work.

I get, connection refused.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Webserver Setup, need help!

Hey guys, does anyone know how I edit, configure the server settings using the terminal? MySQL and PHP was once working. But after frying the Xserve G5 i'm in the middle of rebuilding everything, I believe i need to re-configure the root document directory... but have forgotten how to edit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hype.it
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apache webserver

Can I set up an apache webserver on Mandriva? Looking for the easiest webserver program to install basic webserver just for home use. Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
2 Replies

3. Solaris

webserver login

how can I get statistics and web analysis for solaris 10 webserver access? what is the file? and what is the tools to analyze it? thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

telnet Webserver GET /

I want to incorporate this in a script for some simple monitoring for my webserver telnet localhost 80 GET /opencms/opencms/test/index.html how to do it? I tried echo "GET /opencms/opencms/test/index.html" | telnet localhost 80 I tried telnet localhost 80 << EOF echo "GET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris or freebsd for webserver

I am setting up a web server and mail server on a dell poweredge with a P4 2.7 Ghz and 512mb or ram. I am new to unix and i am wondering if you guys would recomend me installing solaris 10 or use freebsd.. Anythoughts would be great Thanks Travis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzero
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP webserver vs AJAX

Hello All I want to develop a news ticker using a PHP webserver instead of polling the RSS feed using AJAX. Let me know if you guys have any idea about this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Netcat ( nc -l ) as webserver

Dear Linux guru's I am trying to create a webserver using nc (netcat only) on RHEL 7.2 running on bash shell. now the easy thing is to get nc listing to a port and respond back $ while true; do { echo -e 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n'; set; } | nc -l 7877; done This when called from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)				       systemd-socket-proxyd					  SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)

NAME
systemd-socket-proxyd - Bidirectionally proxy local sockets to another (possibly remote) socket. SYNOPSIS
systemd-socket-proxyd [OPTIONS...] HOST:PORT systemd-socket-proxyd [OPTIONS...] UNIX-DOMAIN-SOCKET-PATH DESCRIPTION
systemd-socket-proxyd is a generic socket-activated network socket forwarder proxy daemon for IPv4, IPv6 and UNIX stream sockets. It may be used to bi-directionally forward traffic from a local listening socket to a local or remote destination socket. One use of this tool is to provide socket activation support for services that do not natively support socket activation. On behalf of the service to activate, the proxy inherits the socket from systemd, accepts each client connection, opens a connection to a configured server for each client, and then bidirectionally forwards data between the two. This utility's behavior is similar to socat(1). The main differences for systemd-socket-proxyd are support for socket activation with "Accept=false" and an event-driven design that scales better with the number of connections. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --connections-max=, -c Sets the maximum number of simultaneous connections, defaults to 256. If the limit of concurrent connections is reached further connections will be refused. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. EXAMPLES
Simple Example Use two services with a dependency and no namespace isolation. Example 1. proxy-to-nginx.socket [Socket] ListenStream=80 [Install] WantedBy=sockets.target Example 2. proxy-to-nginx.service [Unit] Requires=nginx.service After=nginx.service Requires=proxy-to-nginx.socket After=proxy-to-nginx.socket [Service] ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-socket-proxyd /tmp/nginx.sock PrivateTmp=yes PrivateNetwork=yes Example 3. nginx.conf [...] server { listen unix:/tmp/nginx.sock; [...] Example 4. Enabling the proxy # systemctl enable --now proxy-to-nginx.socket $ curl http://localhost:80/ Namespace Example Similar as above, but runs the socket proxy and the main service in the same private namespace, assuming that nginx.service has PrivateTmp= and PrivateNetwork= set, too. Example 5. proxy-to-nginx.socket [Socket] ListenStream=80 [Install] WantedBy=sockets.target Example 6. proxy-to-nginx.service [Unit] Requires=nginx.service After=nginx.service Requires=proxy-to-nginx.socket After=proxy-to-nginx.socket JoinsNamespaceOf=nginx.service [Service] ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-socket-proxyd 127.0.0.1:8080 PrivateTmp=yes PrivateNetwork=yes Example 7. nginx.conf [...] server { listen 8080; [...] Example 8. Enabling the proxy # systemctl enable --now proxy-to-nginx.socket $ curl http://localhost:80/ SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.socket(5), systemd.service(5), systemctl(1), socat(1), nginx(1), curl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)