Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using sed with indexes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using sed with indexes Post 77732 by r2007 on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 10:57:06 AM
Old 07-12-2005
gnu sed:
Code:
sed 'h;s/.......//;x;s/\(.......\).*/\1/;s/ /0/g;G;s/\n//'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analyze the indexes and rebuild them

Hello UNIX and Oracle Gurus, After doing an intensive search from different websites, the UNIX forum I am posting this message seeking help.. I am trying to accomplish the following tasks through the shell script: 1. Rebuild indexes on a Table in Oracle 2. Analyze indexes and table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix indexes

I wanted to use matrixs in awk and got some problem, here is some of the script code, from the BEGIN tag: row_char="a";row_char="b";row_char="c";row_char="d";row_char="e"$ row_char="h";row_char="i";row_char="j";row_char="k"; from the proccess passage: sentence,1]=1; diffrence=4; i=7;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('w') or filename: '//var/lib/yum/rpmdb-indexes/conflicts.tmp'

Can anyone help me with this error? sudo yum install perl-Gtk2-WebKit Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, versionlock Setting up Install Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package perl-Gtk2-WebKit.i686 0:0.09-1.fc15 will be installed -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote/automated OS X folder label indexes triggered from PHP

I have a shell script that updates OS X color label indexes of folders/files as specified in an XML file. This works from terminal, but not when I trigger it from Apache/PHP. The server is not public, so not too worried about security. I've tried to allow access in sudoers, but no dice. I could use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bradlecat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files with multiple indexes

Hi, I want to work with multiple files which all contain 2 numbers. I tried to make a nested for loop but for some reason it doesn't recognize the $j as a number. The output is cannot open file `175-T-pvalue.xls'. How do I make sure that it takes the numbers from the inner loop as $j? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find out disk usage for particular indexes for different hosts

Need disk utilisation script for particular indexes on few hosts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krish5v
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding indexes with PERL

Hello. I'm trying to self learn Perl and am stuck. I have a data.csv file that contains the following: 5,10,15,20,15,30 1,2,3,4,5 3,10 11 I'm trying to get Perl to take the indexes and add them all together to get 134. It says I need to use split and invoke the file via <> (built-in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
2 Replies
GIT-PACK-REFS(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-PACK-REFS(1)

NAME
git-pack-refs - Pack heads and tags for efficient repository access SYNOPSIS
git pack-refs [--all] [--no-prune] DESCRIPTION
Traditionally, tips of branches and tags (collectively known as refs) were stored one file per ref in a (sub)directory under $GIT_DIR/refs directory. While many branch tips tend to be updated often, most tags and some branch tips are never updated. When a repository has hundreds or thousands of tags, this one-file-per-ref format both wastes storage and hurts performance. This command is used to solve the storage and performance problem by storing the refs in a single file, $GIT_DIR/packed-refs. When a ref is missing from the traditional $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy, it is looked up in this file and used if found. Subsequent updates to branches always create new files under $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy. A recommended practice to deal with a repository with too many refs is to pack its refs with --all once, and occasionally run git pack-refs. Tags are by definition stationary and are not expected to change. Branch heads will be packed with the initial pack-refs --all, but only the currently active branch heads will become unpacked, and the next pack-refs (without --all) will leave them unpacked. OPTIONS
--all The command by default packs all tags and refs that are already packed, and leaves other refs alone. This is because branches are expected to be actively developed and packing their tips does not help performance. This option causes branch tips to be packed as well. Useful for a repository with many branches of historical interests. --no-prune The command usually removes loose refs under $GIT_DIR/refs hierarchy after packing them. This option tells it not to. BUGS
Older documentation written before the packed-refs mechanism was introduced may still say things like ".git/refs/heads/<branch> file exists" when it means "branch <branch> exists". GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-PACK-REFS(1)