Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers are Associative Arrays possible in UNIX? Post 77639 by yongho on Monday 11th of July 2005 04:23:28 PM
Old 07-11-2005
nah

wait let me post you some code ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays in unix

I have a Main shell script file. In that the below lines(7) is spooled in Oracle & written to a file say temp.out INSTANCE_N ---------- undefined PROACT1 REPCAT1 PROACT2 REPCAT2 I want to ignore the first 3 lines & put the rest 4 lines PROACT1..REPCAT2 into the arrays. So that i can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to understand associative nature of awk arrays

About associative nature of awk arrays i'm still confused, not able to understand yet how array element can be accessed based on a string, I got one example at gawk manual to illustrate associative nature of awk arrays, it goes here: Codeawk ' # Print list of word frequencies { for (i = 1;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative arrays

Hi all, #!/usr/dt/bin/dtksh typeset -A wavelength wavelength=650 wavelength=590 wavelength=510 wavelength=475 wavelength=445 wavelength=400 I have created an associative array like the one above. Now I am trying to print the values If i give print ${wavelength} it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

2d arrays in unix

hi everybody can anyone help me with usage of 2 dimensional arrays in unix. please provide a suitable example for accessing individual elements as well as all elements. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpriyank
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrays in UNIX

Hi there, I have a small piece of code i=1 Number=10 while do echo "$i" Check=`cmd to give to me file name with path i=`expr ${i} + 1` done when i do in a loop echo "$Check"---------Unable to display, the values. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

associative arrays?

Hello, i'm writing a little script that checks a .txt file for a specific ID that came after 9:10 am which outputs it's data to a file LateUsers.txt once done , it should mention the following: Number of late users Number of unique late users Over all late users percentage number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollyah
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrays in unix

hi all, is there any method to declare each line of a text file to array variable. my text file is: 123 222 333 so, a=123 a=222 a=333 can anyone help me out pls... thanks in advance, Arun Manas:b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using associative arrays with an if statement

I have this piece of code. The first if statement is not working, however the second if statement is working fine. I have set a value for Srcs to be file.srcs and want to print it. If no value for Rcvs is set, I get the print statement correctly hasValue="file.srcs" if ${hasValue}; then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code by using associative arrays

I have the following code, and I am changing it to #!/bin/bash hasArgumentCModInfile=0 hasArgumentSrcsInfile=0 hasArgumentRcvsInfile=0 OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS="|=" # IFS controls splitting. Split on "|" and "=", not whitespace. set -- $* # Set the positional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative arrays awk

Hi, I have the following dataset. A 2 1 272 A 2 2 333 A 2 3 222 A 3 1 222 A 3 2 11 B 1 1 112 B 1 2 998 B 2 1 667 C 1 1 887 C 1 2 887 C 2 1 998 I need to have an associate array based on the first column and generate a auto generated number column in the last column. Needed output:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitt
2 Replies
MPI_Win_post(3) 							MPI							   MPI_Win_post(3)

NAME
MPI_Win_post - Start an RMA exposure epoch SYNOPSIS
int MPI_Win_post(MPI_Group group, int assert, MPI_Win win) INPUT PARAMETERS
group - group of origin processes (handle) assert - Used to optimize this call; zero may be used as a default. See notes. (integer) win - window object (handle) NOTES
The assert argument is used to indicate special conditions for the fence that an implementation may use to optimize the MPI_Win_post opera- tion. The value zero is always correct. Other assertion values may be or'ed together. Assertions that are valid for MPI_Win_post are: MPI_MODE_NOCHECK - the matching calls to MPI_WIN_START have not yet occurred on any origin processes when the call to MPI_WIN_POST is made. The nocheck option can be specified by a post call if and only if it is specified by each matching start call. MPI_MODE_NOSTORE - the local window was not updated by local stores (or local get or receive calls) since last synchronization. This may avoid the need for cache synchronization at the post call. MPI_MODE_NOPUT - the local window will not be updated by put or accumulate calls after the post call, until the ensuing (wait) synchronization. This may avoid the need for cache synchronization at the wait call. NOTES FOR FORTRAN
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK ) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement. All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype , MPI_Comm ) are of type INTEGER in Fortran. ERRORS
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick ) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler (for communicators), MPI_File_set_errhandler (for files), and MPI_Win_set_errhandler (for RMA windows). The MPI-1 routine MPI_Errhandler_set may be used but its use is deprecated. The predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error; however, MPI implementations will attempt to continue whenever possible. MPI_SUCCESS - No error; MPI routine completed successfully. LOCATION
win_post.c 5/20/2010 MPI_Win_post(3)