Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Music
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Music Post 77574 by jeriko on Monday 11th of July 2005 08:29:27 AM
Old 07-11-2005
Hey all, this would be my first post to the unix.com forums. I guess the title 'music' just caught my attention. I was listening to the radio one day and heard the song "Remedy" by Seether. The song was quite beguiling, so the next day I sought out to buy their CD. They are my favorite band at the moment and I tend to play them whatever I'm doing.
However, I seem to play music that reflects to how I'm feeling, not by what I'm doing (Working, driving etc..)

Depressed - Seether

Angry - Disturbed (hah, go figure)

Sad - Love songs from the movies such as hungry eyes, up where we belong, you've lost that loving feeling etc.. (don't laugh!)

Happy - Yellowcard, simple plan, Foo Fighters and many others

Ciao!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

music on unix

can anyone plz tell me how do i play music or songs on unix? i have a fedora core 5 OS. thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adarshjoshi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab and music problem

hi people. i am new in linux and especialy puppy. i am trying to use crontab to play and stop music at the certan time but have a problem. crontab lines look something like this: 23 10 * * * pmusic -s pause (starts the player) 28 10 * * * pmusic -s pause (stops the player) but when its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobmg
3 Replies

4. Debian

Music Player

As you all know from my first post I am kinda new to linux. I'm starting to get some terminal commands in but What is the best music player to use for linux Please excuse the stupidity of my questions until I get going on linux. My appologies. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
Talk is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It doesn't matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted, while your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. Certain commands, in particu- lar nroff(1) and pr(1), disallow messages in order to prevent messy output. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utmp to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), who(1), write(1) BUGS
The version of talk(1) released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 6, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution