Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print Queues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Queues Post 7750 by Scottb7711 on Monday 1st of October 2001 03:49:54 PM
Old 10-01-2001
Data Print Queues

I have a print queue set up with the following options: remote, standard processing, Hostname=(A Windows 2000 Server), bsd print spooler. It takes about 1 minute to transfer a 100 kb file and it times out (downs the queue) on larger files. When tested on a different system at a different location all works fine with a 1mb file being transfered in about 1 second. What is wrong? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at queues

Hi, I submit some processes throught an at queue with the cmd at -q queue. I can easily check the waiting process with atq. But how can I check running processes within a specific queue ? Thanks, Stef (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stef
2 Replies

2. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Server Admin- Print queues

Hi there, I have some problems in re-setting up the print queues on XServe running Mac OSX Server 10.3.4 I did have the print queues running at some stage, until some unknown error occured that stopped all the queues from working. Recently I tried to re-create the queues, by deleting the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inprat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

let 3 processes a, b and c are sharing msgs using msg queues.process 'a' sending msg to 'c' and in turn 'c' send sthat msg to 'b'.if something happens to c how can 'a' and 'b' know that 'c' is not available?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukaam
2 Replies

5. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

message queues

#include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/msg.h> int main() { int qid; int t; struct msgbuf mesg; qid=msgget(IPC_PRIVATE,IPC_CREAT); mesg.mtype=1L; mesg.mtext=1; t=msgsnd(qid,&mesg,1,0); printf("%d",t); } the program prints -1 as the result of msgsnd ,which means that msgsnd doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolkki
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

9. Programming

Scheduling Queues: Help

I have a problem understanding the different scheduling queues (Ready Queue, I/O Queue, Job Queue) Can you please explain/illustrate/differentiate these queues to me? Thanks a lot guys.;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
rlp(1M) 																   rlp(1M)

NAME
rlp - send LP print request to a remote system SYNOPSIS
id class] job] title] [numcols]] font] num] file DESCRIPTION
transfers a spooling request to a remote system to be printed. communicates with a spooling daemon on a remote system to transfer the spooling request. Options can be set only on the original system (the system where the request originated). The file name must be last. Transfers of a remote request use only the option and the file. This command is intended to be used only by the spool system in response to the command and should not be invoked directly (see lp(1)). Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: The argument id is the request ID. Take the class argument as a job classification for use on the banner page. Take the job argument as the job name to print on the banner page. Use the title argument as the title used by instead of the file name (see pr(1)). is ignored unless the option is specified. Suppress the printing of the banner page. Cause the output to be indented. If the next argument is numeric, it is used as the number of blanks to be printed before each line; otherwise, 8 characters are printed. Specify a font to be mounted on font position k, where k is from through Use the num argument number as the page width for The following single-letter options are used to notify the LP spooler that the files are not standard text files. The spooling system uses the appropriate filters (if the option is supported) to print the data accordingly. These options are mutually exclusive. The files are assumed to contain data produced by cifplot. The files are assumed to contain data from tex (DVI format). Use a filter that interprets the first character of each line as a standard FORTRAN carriage control character. The files are assumed to contain standard plot data as produced by the routines. Use a filter that suppresses page breaks. The files are assumed to contain data from (device-independent Use to format the files. The files are assumed to contain data from (cat phototypesetter commands). The files are assumed to contain a raster image for devices such as the Benson Varian. WARNINGS
Some remote line printer models may not support all of these options. Options not supported are silently ignored. When is transferring a request that originated on another system, only the option and the file is used. This saves from having to set the various options multiple times. Specifying unused options does not produce an error. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley and HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
accept(1M), enable(1), lp(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), lpstat(1), rcancel(1M), rlpdaemon(1M), rlpstat(1M). rlp(1M)