Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell magic number with a -
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell magic number with a - Post 77485 by blowtorch on Friday 8th of July 2005 11:23:10 PM
Old 07-09-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch
P.S. BTW, the magic number only comprises the first 2 or 3 (both are legal) bytes in the file. The rest of the line tells the kernel what is to be used to interpret the rest of the file.
Oops! Thats 3 or 4! Its there in the reply by Perderabo in the FAQs. Smilie

Thanks for pointing that out Perderabo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bad magic number

Hi, when installing a piece of third part software I get the error "Bad magic number" at one point when it tries to use libraries from the bea tuxedo server. Am I correct that this means that the software is expecting 32bit while I'm on 64bit? Is there a way around it or can it only be solved... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Magic Number

Dear All, i have a SCSI hard disk drive i'm installing on it solaris 5 and the workstation is sun sparc, i made an image of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, so i took off the SCSI H.D from the sun workstation and put it on a Compaq server then i booted the server from the Norton Ghost floppy disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM magic number 0x4D48

LVM partition(8e type) begins with a magic number(0x4D48) - HM, At this sector, I get the name of volume group plus two three more structures, which I am unable to decipher. So, if anyone can let me know the details of these structures. In my case, I had made two logical volumes in my LVM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

wrong magic number

/pci@if,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/dad@0,0 corrupt label wrong magic number can u plz suggustion me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
6 Replies

5. Solaris

BAD magic number in disc label...

Hello All, I m very new to this forum. i m having SUN NETRA X1 server with 40 GB HDD (Seagate) & 128 MB RAM. i m trying this server for SUN 10 Practise. As i m installing SUN 9 /10 with CD ,its giving me error after OK propmt *************************** #boot cdrom or #boot cdrom... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrut_k
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris magic number problem

Hello, When I boot up my ancient SUNOS 5 system. it stops at the OK prompt and complains about a bad magic number. I have told that I need run fsck but I cannot seem to do so from the OK prompt. How can I get into a diagnostic mode so I can run fsck? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. AIX

module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody: I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message: Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded. The module has an invalid magic number. Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8.2 Bad magic number

I'll keep it fairly straight forward. I work with a Solaris server and magically today it decided to take a dump on me. At first it give a long list of files that couldn't be acessed before terminating the boot process and returning to the 'ok' prompt. Booting in single-user mode allowed me to run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aon
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Bad magic number error

So we have a new to us v240 server with no OS installed. It has an outdated version of OB and ALOM so before we install the OS we want to update both. We have a DVD with the latest OB patch burned on it. We do the boot cdrom command but receive the Bad Magic Number Error. Does an OS need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunkpancakes
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Magic number error

hi . my " /usr " was full ,so i went into the failsafe mode in solaris 10 and used format utilily to adjust space for it and labeled it. But after that whenever i try to boot solaris normally ,it is giving "magic number error" I tried fsck -o b=32 /dev/dsk/c0d0s6 (for /usr) newfs -N... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushardul
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD