Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which is the most "standard" platform to learn? Post 7727 by solvman on Monday 1st of October 2001 09:14:34 AM
Old 10-01-2001
This is a problem with Solaris for intel, hehehe, compatability with hardware,Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving "read" from standard input a timeout.

I want to prompt a user for input but I want it to timeout after a specified time if no response is given. I tried the sleep command but this does not work. I am using ksh. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rello
10 Replies

2. Solaris

"learn" unix training for solaris.

Hey everybody I just wanted to throw something into the gears here. The first UNIX system I used was an IBM RS/6000 POWER Server 370h I believe, running AIX 3.2, I think (its been some time). On this System V machine was a learning facility called "learn" which taught basic shell operation and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultra0384
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
time-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     time-admin(1)

NAME
time-admin - Time Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
time-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
time-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. time-admin allows you to set the time, date and timezone of your system, as well as setting any time server to synchronize your local time server. OPTIONS
time-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
time-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), shares-admin(1), network-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 time-admin(1)