Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming running a program for a specified time Post 77254 by prosputko on Wednesday 6th of July 2005 01:39:25 PM
Old 07-06-2005
thanks

Thanks. Your advice is very helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running a compiled Program

Just getting into the Unix command line programming and am unable to run any program I write. I am using a Makefile and the source is compiling but when I enter the name of the output file I get back: bash: lab01exe.out: command not found I'm sure I am just dooing something simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krebsbac
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program automatically

How can I make a program run automatically at a certain time of day? My problem is I need to make a small backup program that will back up a few files every day? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvadn0
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program

Hi.Iam new to Linux.i got linux 7.0 pro and dont know how to run programs. I want a perl interputer and i know i installed one but how do i run it ??? Also how do i run a C or C++ editor ?and how do i run cron ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program on boot!

Hi there! I tried to search for something like this here but couldn't find anything. I need to run a specific program when linux starts up. I need to run it after the rp-pppoe has started because this prog needs internet connection. I start the program by entering ./dynix start (its in my home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Running More than One Program

Folks, I'm really new to scripting and was wondering if you could help me out. I have the following script that I inherited: #!/bin/bash # # Usage # From the agent directory: # ./run-any-agent AgentName # TAC_AGENT_HOME=`pwd` LIB=${TAC_AGENT_HOME}/lib CLASSPATH=.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTriniWay
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill a running program?

Hello i'm trying to make a program which can find a running program on the system and kill it, then repeat that every 5 minutes. The name of the process is given with an argument. I have done this so far, but still not working. if $1 in $(ps -e) ; then kill $(pidof $1) sleep 5m fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C# program problem

Hi All, How to run c# program using shell script ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikar.ch
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to keep program running after logout

Hello everyone. I am logged into a computer through ssh. I would like to run a program and have it keep running after I log out without screen (i forgot to run it). For example: ssh server user/comp~$ top & 12021 exit after that: ssh server user/comp~$ (something, maybe shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lepetal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C program in UNIX

I want to run a C program from my BASH script. Here's some very basic simplified code of my bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "Run C program" ./main.c echo "Ran C program" Here's my main.c: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)