Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I think I broke it....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I think I broke it.... Post 7719 by xyyz on Monday 1st of October 2001 07:17:17 AM
Old 10-01-2001
thanks for the reply... but whatever I did... it totally screwed things up...

I might have deleted /var/spool or some other spool in another directory... when i tried to make a symbolic link...

anyways... when I rebooted... the bloody system was stuck on an hourglass...

I had no choice but to run a reinstall... but this time i'm going to give RedHat 6.2 a try.

Thanks for your suggestion... next time I'm gonna take things slowly... Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i broke CDE

i honestly dont know what i did... considering i did many things... but now when i run a tightvnc session, i don't get the CDE desktop anymore, i get something that looks like an empty screen with a single terminal window... to make things worse, i can't do anything with that terminal window. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. AIX

disks broke?

hay I'm new in the AIX-environment. Right now i'm testing some stuff out. But i can't test the LVM-part which is (to me) very important. I have 2 disks in my testmachine but it seems only 1 is working wel. I'll show you the output below of the disks... hdisk0 = in good condition hdisk2 =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

5. AIX

X Forwarding broke

X Forwarding has quit working on only 2 of our AIX Servers. ssh -X -vvv host That shows it requesting the X11 forward auth spoofing. No errors. echo $DISPLAY shows the display variable However when I execute xclock.... nothing... Kinda like it just hangs and for some reasons it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Ssh connection broke after patching

Hi, I have a user - e3t3user on two Solaris-10 servers. We did patching source server and after that e3t3user is not able to ssh from one server to another. Passwordless ssh connection is setup between both servers (with ssh keys share). I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP broke after patching

Greetings...My first post here... I am facing issue on a x86 Solaris server, running on VMWare. We have to install latest patch cluster. I took a snapshot (on VMWare side), so we have backup copy. Downloaded and installed latest patch cluster. Post patching, I am not able to login on server with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
3 Replies
uuclean(1M)															       uuclean(1M)

NAME
uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
[options] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those that are older than the specified number of hours. Options recognizes the following options: Clean directory instead of the spool directory. If directory is not a valid spool directory, it cannot contain ``work files''; i.e., files whose names start with These files have special meaning to pertaining to job statistics. Scan for files with pre as the file prefix. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. A without any pre following will cause all files older than the specified time to be deleted. Files whose age is more than time hours are deleted if the prefix test is satisfied (default time is 72 hours). The default action for is to remove files that are older than a specified time (see option). The option is used to find files older than time hours; however, the files are not deleted. If the argument file is present the warning is placed in file; oth- erwise, the warnings go to the standard output. Only files destined for system sys are examined. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. The option sends mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted. If a file is specified, an entry is placed in file. This program is typically started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uucleanup(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuclean(1M)