Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sources for Raid Information
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sources for Raid Information Post 77165 by RTM on Tuesday 5th of July 2005 10:10:43 AM
Old 07-05-2005
Do you need info on hardware or software raid?

Software: Disksuite
Sun's Veritas Volume Manager

Hardware: A5100

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix sources

hello, i'm looking for the sources of the old, original unices (v3 preferred). could someone point a link? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdarkangel
2 Replies

2. Linux

Kernel sources

I"m installing my ATI card in FC4. I'm going off of instructions that i've found. The firs step says that i need my kernel sources which i've got then it says that i've gotta unpack them so i can make links to the file later. My kernel sources that i've got are .src.rpm I've installed them but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

7. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about I/O sources

Hi all, What is the difference between these two comands? sed s/a/b/ <f1 >f2 sed s/a/b/ f1 >f2 Best, santiagorf (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
dpkg-scansources(1)						    dpkg suite						       dpkg-scansources(1)

NAME
dpkg-scansources - create Sources index files SYNOPSIS
dpkg-scansources [option...] binary-dir [override-file [path-prefix]] > Sources DESCRIPTION
dpkg-scansources scans the given binary-dir for .dsc files. These are used to create a Debian source index, which is output to stdout. The override-file, if given, is used to set priorities in the resulting index records and to override the maintainer field given in the .dsc files. The file can be compressed (since dpkg 1.15.5). See deb-override(5) for the format of this file. Note: Since the override file is indexed by binary, not source packages, there's a bit of a problem here. The current implementation uses the highest priority of all the binary packages produced by a .dsc file for the priority of the source package, and the override entry for the first binary package listed in the .dsc file to modify maintainer information. This might change. The path-prefix, if given, is prepended to the directory field in the generated source index. You generally use this to make the directory fields contain the path from the top of the Debian archive hierarchy. Note: If you want to access the generated Sources file with apt(8) you will probably need to compress the file with gzip(1) (generating a Sources.gz file). apt ignores uncompressed Sources files except on local access (i.e. file:// sources). OPTIONS
-n, --no-sort Don't sort the index records. Normally they are sorted by source package name. -e, --extra-override file Scan file to find supplementary overrides (since dpkg 1.15.4; the file can be compressed since dpkg 1.15.5). See deb-extra-override(5) for more information on its format. -s, --source-override file Use file as the source override file (the file can be compressed since dpkg 1.15.5). The default is the name of the override file you specified with .src appended. The source override file is in a different format from the binary override file. It contains only two whitespace separated fields, the first is the source package name and the second is the section. Blank lines and comment lines are ignored in the normal manner. If a package appears in both files the source override takes precedence for setting the section. --debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. SEE ALSO
deb-override(5), deb-extra-override(5), dpkg-scanpackages(1). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-scansources(1)