Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to concatenate two command in one line and get the display in one screen Post 76856 by vasikaran on Friday 1st of July 2005 05:02:47 AM
Old 07-01-2005
actually that output is for the earlier script which u gave.. pls ignore

i have ran the latest script and got the output like this

-rw-r--r-- afiedt.buf drwxr-xr-x analysis
-rw-r--r-- analyzer.log drwxr-xr-x gdbm
-rw------- cancel.gdbm drwx------ lost+found
-rw-r--r-- change.log -rw-r--r-- message.log
-rw-r--r-- counters.log.bz2 -rw-r--r-- roamer.log
-rw------- dbm_messenger.dbm
-rw-r--r-- dp5.log

yes, the output is fine, but the thing is it is not aligned , is there any way i can get like

-rw-r--r-- afiedt.buf <space><sapce> drwxr-xr-x analysis
-rw-r--r-- analyzer.log<space><sapce> drwxr-xr-x gdbm
-rw------- cancel.gdbm<space><sapce>drwx------ lost+found
-rw-r--r-- change.log<space><sapce>-rw-r--r-- message.log
-rw-r--r-- counters.log.bz2<space><sapce>-rw-r--r-- roamer.log
-rw------- dbm_messenger.dbm
-rw-r--r-- dp5.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Display Printers via command line

Is there an easy way to view all printers on a local machine via command line or a script? I'm looking for the equivalent of clicking on "START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES" to view the devices. I then want to cat it to a file where I would use it later. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

2. Solaris

screen saver command line on solaris10-intel

Hi All, I'm on Solaris10-intel and I'm on the classic GUI, CDE. Can't find the control for screen saver. Is there's a command line equivalent? Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need solution concatenate and display 2 lines as 1 with a condition for 2 line ?

I have 2 pattern of lines (SQL query and Time taken)in a log i need to capture all SQL queries with time taken >20 sec and need to display as one line. 2 lines from log: 2007-10-23 11:39:17,061 DEBUG - SQL Query : SELECT A.GROUP_CD , C.FN_CD FROM UP_GROUP A , PRD_GROUP_TO_FN B , PRD_FN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vithala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate and display 2 lines as 1 with a condition for 2 line ?

I have 2 pattern of lines (SQL query and Time taken)in a log i need to capture all SQL queries with time taken >20 sec and need to display as one line. 2 lines from log: 2007-10-23 11:39:17,061 DEBUG - SQL Query : SELECT A.GROUP_CD , C.FN_CD FROM UP_GROUP A , PRD_GROUP_TO_FN B , PRD_FN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vithala
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

display warning messages on command line

I have made a script to print size of a slice if it reaches more then 80% which is working fine no problem in it. I want to add this script in crontab to print this message on command line every half hour if slice size reaches more then 80%. here is the line below i added on crontab 30 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Specific line number using tail command

Hi , 1)i want to display specific line number using tail command. e.g. display 10 line from end. Please help... 2)Want to display line 10 to 15 (from end)using tail command) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Display SAM user list at the command line

Hello, I've been doing Linux and AIX administration for years, but I'm very new to HPUX. We have an old audit process which involves someone manually using sam to generate user lists. I'd like to kill that old process with fire... But... After working a bit in the morning to try and pull... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celt1977
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to display certain line of file only using head or tail in 1 command?

First month learning about the Linux terminal and it has been a challenge yet fun so far. We're learning by using a gameshell. I'm trying to display a certain line ( only allowed 1 command ) from a file only using the head or tail. I'm pretty about this answer: head -23 history.txt | tail -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forzatekk
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)