Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris equivalent of the ioscan command Post 76619 by etc on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 11:25:02 AM
Old 06-29-2005
ioscan shows device files ( for example /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 - disk to be added to the Logical Volume Group ) - while I do not see these commands show device files, just general info. Or does Solaris not have device files for every hardware item?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

IOSCAN Command

I need to know what is the differance between ioscan comand and search command ,in addition I search in your site for more details on ioscan command but I found nothing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaswara
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN Solaris "ioscan"

Hi, What is the equivelent command for ioscan from HP in SUN, i.e I need to display all hardware devies with path/driver/stats etc. regards, Ahmed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Question about UNIX ioscan command

Hello there. I have a question regarding the ioscan commnad. When you execute the line ioscan -fnC processor it outputs a list of all processors in the machine. Does this list displays only physical CPUs or does it displays each core? For example, if i have a server with 1 Dual Core... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spilson
10 Replies

4. Solaris

I want a command in solaris equivalent to glance in HP-UX

Hi, C an someone help me out in getting the command to get system statistics like CPU, DISK and I/O utilization in a single command instead of mpstat,vmstat and iostat. When i give sar, getting the following error, bash-3.00# sar sar: can't open /var/adm/sa/sa15 No such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps ax equivalent in solaris

I am using "ps ax" command in one of my scripts . AIX has x flag for ps . is there any equilent command for ps ax in solaris ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ttytype equivalent command in Solaris.

Hi All, We are trying to migrate scripts from HP Unix to Solaris server, in one of the profile file following command is used to set terminal settings and export its value, "ttytype -a -s " Now the same command is not present in Solaris, could someone let me know which command should i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Equivalent of /etc/rc.local in Solaris 10

What is the equivalent of /etc/rc.local in Solaris 10? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

ioscan command

Hi all ! I'm a newbie in HP-Unix . In HP-Unix ,'ioscan' command is used to scan I/O system but I don't know what the 'ioscan' command is in Linux/Unix ? I cannot find it in Linux/Unix OS . Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemoflich
2 Replies

10. Solaris

ignite hp-ux, which is the equivalent in solaris?

functions... ---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:22 PM ---------- sorry i didnīt put the header in the message. i use to add this to cron in hp-ux for do the ignite 00 00 1,15 * * /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s <IGNITE SERVER> -n 1 -P s -u -x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
5 Replies
mkdevalloc(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            mkdevalloc(1M)

NAME
mkdevalloc - Make device_allocate entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevalloc DESCRIPTION
The mkdevalloc command writes to standard out a set of device_allocate(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio and removable media devices. The mkdevalloc command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_allocate file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevalloc command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/sr*, /dev/nsr*, /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb All entries set the device-minimum and device-maximum fields to the hex representations of ADMIN_LOW and ADMIN_HIGH, respectively. The device-authorization field is set to solaris.device.allocate, except for the framebuffer entry, where it is set to *. The device-name, device-type and device-clean fields are set to the following values: device-name device-type device-clean audio audio audio audio_clean_wrapper tape mag_tape_0,1,... st st_clean floppy floppy_0,1,... fd disk_clean removable disk cdrom_0,1,... sr disk_clean frame buffer framebuffer fb /bin/true ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevalloc might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 mkdevalloc(1M)