Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deffered messages
Operating Systems Solaris Deffered messages Post 76592 by ppass on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 10:14:10 AM
Old 06-29-2005
Deffered messages

hi all .
i am using messaging 4.2 .
i have configured everything and i was able to send and receive emails .
the problem is that the message queue is becoming large and full of deffered messages .

i was told that i can not delete the messages because they are related to an envelope , and if i do so the messaging server would lose track of the messages .

is there a way that i can flush the queue , cause SMTP is getting really slow .
iam runniing solaris 8 over Sparc .

cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi, I have a SunFire V490, Solaris 10 with XP1024 storage and HP Library. I have noticed the following error messages in the /var/adm/messages file. These errors are being generated constantly. Also commands like devfsadm, format cfgadm etc are getting hung. After a reboot it works fine for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Info req: /var/adm/messages - Kern.warning - different ID messages

Hi all, where I can find a list and meaning of the ID number (for example ID 353554 kern.warning)? Thanks in advance Pierluigi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Petrucci
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help understanding [daemon.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi I've been using solaris for a few days now. During the install process i had some problems configuring my nic as i needed to install a third-party driver, which i got from a a linked site from the Sun Device Detector tool a ran prior to installing. I got it working eventually, but i'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

4. Solaris

[kern.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi Having looked through the log file /var/adm/messages i've noticed these kernel warning messages and i don't know what they mean: !-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> cpudrv: NOTICE: cpu_acpi: _TSS package not found. cpudrv: WARNING:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

5. Solaris

uamod messages in /var/adm/messages

Hello, I am using Solaris 10 and I'm geting the folowing error in /var/adm/messages. Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) set threshold to default values Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) threshold values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshibelul
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fprintd messages in /var/log/messages

Whenever a user uses su I get the following error messages in /var/log/messages: Nov 23 04:24:55 <REMOVED> abrt: saved core dump of pid 26141 (/usr/libexec/fprintd) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-1322018695-26141.new/coredump (753664 bytes) Nov 23 04:24:55 <REMOVED> abrtd: Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakesHat
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why there are /var/adm/messages.0,messages.1,messages.2,messages.3

Hi folks, In what circumstance does the log move to /var/adm/messages.0.......messages.1,messages.2,messages.3 .......etc ---------- Post updated at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ---------- To make my questions more understandable, What are the processes that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
4 Replies

8. SuSE

Some error messages in var/log/messages

How are you? SUSE V10 and 11. In /var/log/messages I see these lines in some servers. I'd like to know what causes these errors and how to fix them. Thank you, error: PAM: Authentication failure for root from XXXXXXXX Did not receive identification string from XXXXXXX Invalid user suse-gm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Local zone is not logging systems messages to /var/adm/messages

This is isolated to just 1 non-global zone out of many zones managed This is a Solaris 11 system on SPARC This is NOT a branded zone syslogd is active This came to our attention when one of our scripts didn't run over the weekend prompting us to check our messages logging in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
6 Replies
qmail-queue(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)