Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users solaris and fedora core in one system Post 76356 by xinubhaskar on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 03:25:34 AM
Old 06-28-2005
solaris and fedora core in one system

How can I keep Solaris 10 GA and Fedora Core 3 In the same machine.I have got IBM netvista machine,with 40 gb hdd and 128 mb ram and 1.6 gzh pentium processor.Give me the step in detail.How do I pertition?How can I boot up both? Smilie Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fedora Core 2 Snapshot

These are not my desktop (I am still using FC1), they are from Internet forum. http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot1.jpg http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot2.jpg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

2. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

3. Linux

being probed Fedora core 2

Lucky me...someone's trying to hack into my mythtv box through ssh. Can I make a policy or something similar to refuse connections from a specific IP after a certain amount of failed logins? attached is some of the output from /var/log/messages (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

solaris and fedora core in one system

How can I keep Solaris 10 GA with Fedora core 3 in the same system.I have got IBM Netvista system with 40 gb hdd ,128mb ram,pentium 4 1.66 gb processor.Pls tell me in detail,otherwise provide me good Url. :) :eek: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinubhaskar
1 Replies

6. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fedora core mailrelay

how do i change the mailrelay settings smtp for fedora core 4 to a new IP ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

9. Linux

mysql in fedora core 4

hi i dont know much about linux but my boss gave me a job to backup all the mysql database and tables from fedora core4 running as web/database server. i can enter in fedora using remote desktop from my laptop but after that i am unable to do anything. if any one can help me in finding mysql and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: obstinate
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Bad system call (core dumped) Solaris 11.2 (installation of Sybase 12.5.4)

Dear all, I am trying to install Sybase ASE 12.5.4 on a Sun OS Solaris 11.2 (sparcv9) machine but I am getting the following messages when launching the setup file : -bash-4.1$ ./setup InstallShield Wizard Initializing InstallShield Wizard... Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clement_te
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)