Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to migrate user accounts to a new server Post 76227 by maybemedic on Sunday 26th of June 2005 08:17:41 PM
Old 06-26-2005
Thank you so much Dogday, Im sorry to trouble you again. The flav of Unix Im using is Linux (Redhat 7.1.2.96-98 to be specific). Anyway we are planning to use Suse 9.0 enterprise edition on the new server. I greatly appreciate your help and thank you for the help ur gonna do. Smilie) . Have fun.

Maybemedic.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Accounts

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to display a list of all existing user accounts on the system, not neccesarily looged in. Thanks in advance Stephen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sroberts82
3 Replies

3. AIX

migrate user ID and password

Can anyone advice on how to migrate user information - groups, names, passwords from one server to another? I am building a duplicate server to replace an old one and I need to move user information off the old server, help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabob1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

migrate samba pdc from one server to another

Hi there, Hope this forum is adapted to my question. I have : + 1 Debian server with Samba set to authenticate users in the domain HOME (workgroup = HOME / domain logons = yes). + 3 Windows XP Laptops configured to belong to the domain HOME. So on startup, I'm invited to enter a login password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with user accounts

Hi All, How to know all the shells a user has access. Thank you . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies
dtc-xen_migrate(8)					      System Manager's Manual						dtc-xen_migrate(8)

NAME
dtc-xen_migrate - migrate a VPS to another Xen server SYNOPSIS
LOCAL_VPS_ID DESTINATION_HOSTNAME [ DEST_VPS_ID ] DESCRIPTION
dtc-xen_migrate This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. Note that you need rsync in both the source and the destination dom0. This script is used to move the content of a Xen virtual machine (VM) managed with dtc-xen to another Xen server of the same type. The VM destination will first be prepared, then the local VM will be shut down, then it's content will be transfered over using rsync. Note that this is NOT a live migration, and down time of approximatively the time needed for the rsync will occure. PARAMETERS
LOCAL_VPS_ID The DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. DESTINATION_HOSTNAME Destination Xen server hostname to migrate to. DEST_VPS_ID Destination DTC-Xen id of the VM, from 00 to 99. EXAMPLE
dtc-xen_migrate 19 alpha.example.com 21 This will migrate the content of xen19 on the local machine to the destination server alpha.example.com using xen21 as VM name. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_kill_vps_disk(8) dtc-xen_migrate(8)