Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle 10g
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users oracle 10g Post 76222 by pressy on Sunday 26th of June 2005 07:15:00 PM
Old 06-26-2005
oracle must be installed as an own user in csh with a predefined profile. have a look at your oracle install manual

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Help installing Oracle 9i/10g on RedHat?

If anybody can help would be greatly appreciated... I get the same error with Oracle 9i & 10g when installing on Red Hat Fedora 4, it's java related... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall2007-03-16_01-09PM/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: connat restore segment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
0 Replies

3. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing oracle 10g on solaris

Thanks all for your help. Now here is another problem i have, i have been trying to install oracle 10g on solaris but i keep getting this error message "there is not enough memory on the volume you specify to copy the starter database files the oracle universal installer discover that you have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutiat
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

6. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

7. Solaris

need help in oracle upgrade from 10g to 11g

Hi , situation has come where in i want to upgrade my database from 10g to 11g ,my code heavily depends on Pro*C , i just want to know if i upgrade my DB from 10g to 11g , will there be any changes in my pro*c compiler ..? if so then wat are the prerequisites i need to check ..? thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							     INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)