Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from file as script parameter Post 76182 by vmaxx on Saturday 25th of June 2005 10:30:51 AM
Old 06-25-2005
MySQL

Excellent - that is exactly what I was looking for Smilie . My main issue was how to identify the input file. '< infile' solved that problem.
Three lines of code - thats smooth compared to what I had to do before!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed script to read values from parameter files

Hi, I am writing a shell program that executes a lot of Oracle SQL Files on different databases based on the enviroment setting value. I am trying to design a parameter file where i can store the environment values for all the databases in the below format Environment File File Name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a parameter file in the script

Here is my code which i am using wright now: CODE #!/bin/bash awk ' BEGIN { FS="|"; while ( getline <"file1.txt" > 0) a=$2 } { if($1 in a) printf("%s %s Specialty Mapped\n", $1, a) > "mapped.txt" else printf("%s %s Specialty Not mapped\n", $1, $2) > "notmapped.txt" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsh007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameter file in a shell script to unload a DB2 Table???

Hi , I Have following requirement: DB2 Sql query to pass from a parameter file for example, I would create a parameter file with (SELECT column 1, column 2 FROM Table name) then job would read it and create a file with the contents named table.txt How to write/modify below ksh script to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to read a parameter

All, on command prompt when i am testing I am able to get the value of 'msgtime' parameter but in the script I get a space value for it . Please help .. following is the code snippet - grep "Component Manager stopped" msgtime.txt | while read line ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhirajdsharma
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a directory as parameter in shell script?

Hi All, I have written a shell script to compile an oracle R12 form and also a procedure is called from it. The procedure registers the form, function and creates a menu entry. I took directory as a parameter. Code is as below: #!/bin/ksh echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veena484
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameter file for a shell script

Hi All, I need urgent Help from all of you here. Below is my code- ================================================== #!/usr/bin/sh cd $1 cat $2 | tr -ds "$" "" > parameter_file.param export `parameter_file.param` chmod 777 parameter_file.param echo $1 echo $2 cd $prmDirInput... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pass the input parameter to a file in the script ?

OS version: RHEL 6.7 myTextFile.txt file is referred within Script1.sh script, I only execute Script1.sh and I want the input variable to be passed inside myTextFile.txt . Any idea how I can do this ? $ cat script1.sh cat myTextFile.txt $ cat myTextFile.txt $1 Requirement1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
vselect(1Vi)															      vselect(1Vi)

NAME
vselect - select objects from a Vista data file SYNOPSIS
vselect [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
vselect copies selected objects from an input file to an output file. Command line options specify which objects are to be copied. Objects may be selected by type (e.g., all images), by name, by the value of some attribute, or by position within the input file. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
vselect accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in Specifies a Vista data file from which objects are to be selected. -out Specifies where to write the selected objects as a Vista data file. The input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. In addition, exactly one of the following options must be used to specify the objects to be selected: -object i Select the ith object. Objects in the input file are numbered consecutively from 0. -name name Select any object whose attribute name is name. -type type Select any object whose type is type. -attr name value Select any object having an attribute with the specified name and value. Finally, any of these selection criteria can be inverted: -not Reverses the sense of the selection criterion. EXAMPLES
To select the first object from a file: vselect -object 0 < infile > outfile To select the attribute named ``cantaloupe'' from a file: vselect -name cantaloupe < infile > outfile To select everything but images from a file: vselect -type image -not < infile > outfile To select images with ubyte pixels from a file of images: vselect -attr nbands ubyte < infile > outfile AUTHOR
Art Pope <pope@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 24 April 1993 vselect(1Vi)