Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can i proceed on this (datecheck) Post 76121 by bhargav on Friday 24th of June 2005 02:48:15 PM
Old 06-24-2005
if [[ $(date +'%H') -lt 12 ]]; then
if [[ $(date '+%a') = Sat ]]; then
now=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y-%m-%d`
nows=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y-%m-%d` ;
else [[ $(date '+%a') = Sun ]]; then
now=`TZ=CST+48 date +%Y-%m-%d`
nows=`TZ=CST+48 date +%Y-%m-%d` ;
fi
now=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y-%m-%d`
nows=`date +%Y-%m-%e`
echo $now
echo $nows ;
fi

then is not required first high lighted.

second hightlighted set of statements are exeucuted for every condition whether it is SAT or SUN ; Is this what you want ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I am porting Dll from NT to Unix, how should I proceed

I am porting Dll from Windows NT to Unix, Could any body pls guide me how should I proceed?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for automating a task. How to proceed ?.

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need suggestions about a datecheck script

I'm currently running a script that checks to see if a laptop is on the network, and if it is it backs up, if not it retries it later. Anyway, our backup scheduling has changed. I need to check if today's date is the Thursday after the first Wednesday of every month. This is made slightly more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsmurray
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Zlogin -C with out user Interaction how to proceed?

Hi Guys, I have one requirement like if we run install.sh file it should have to create a zone and install oracle in that zone with out any user interaction. So the complete code should be automated. Almost 90% of the code I completed but i am having some doubts 1) After the zone creation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Request to check:PHP help hw to proceed

Hi I am new to PHP. I have to changed a website design adn add certain features and lnks which shuld direct it towards other website. Can any body help me how to proceed. I have some already made templates to do this. I am conpletely new.. So, I have to first install Php from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to timeout and proceed in perl?

I'm writing a small socket program (UDP) to communicate between two servers. Problem is, I dont know how to implement time out hence my script keeps on waiting for the peer response. #!/usr/bin/bash use IO::Socket::INET; $|=1; $socket=new IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort=>5001, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to proceed when curl is finished

I have a script which uses cli curl to download the source code of a webpage and then tests if a specific string exists in the source. The problem is that the website has a slow response, so the eval expression hasn't completed when the test starts. The test returns a negative, and the curl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Proceed to the Next IP if the current IP hangs

Hi there, Say I have a list of IPs, I am running scripts on them. If the process hang. I want to continue with the rest of the IPs. 10.11.1.1 10.11.1.2 10.11.1.3 10.11.1.4 10.11.1.5 10.11.1.6 <-- Process Hangs here 10.11.1.7 10.11.1.8 10.11.1.9 10.11.1.10 10.11.1.11 10.11.1.12 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
11 Replies
DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.FORMAT(3)						 1					       DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.FORMAT(3)

DateTime::format - Returns date formatted according to given format

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string DateTime::format (string $format) DESCRIPTION
string DateTimeImmutable::format (string $format) string DateTimeInterface::format (string $format) Procedural style string date_format (DateTimeInterface $object, string $format) Returns date formatted according to given format. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3) o $format - Format accepted by date(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the formatted date string on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeImmutable.format(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 00:00:00 NOTES
This method does not use locales. All output is in English. SEE ALSO
date(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEIMMUTABLE.FORMAT(3)