Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart Post 76054 by krishan on Friday 24th of June 2005 09:29:48 AM
Old 06-24-2005
shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart

How can I make sure that all the database instances are shut down and brought up when the server is restarted.

Krishan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down oracle with the server

What can I do to ensure that oracle database is shut down when the server reboots. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutting down Solaris

Hi I have a mix of solaris 8,9 & 10. I need to have our 6 Solaris servers shutdown buy a script that will be executed by APC network Shutdown software Im really not sure how I would write a script to shut them down and the following processes? the processes are portmapper seq seq_api... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonysequoia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutting down the Server

Hi Is there anyway i can find out from which terminal a shutdown command has been run from ? :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktech
3 Replies

4. Solaris

cannot telnet after restarting server

Dear guys, Pls help me this case. I telnet normally to Solaris. After restarting it manually, I can only console, cannot telnet from my latop although I can ping it. I checked /etc/default/login /usr/sbin/in.telnetd /etc/inet/inetd.conf All these files are the same. I don't see telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wipi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

server restarting

Hello people, My solaris server is rebooting, not sure how!!! Which log should I look in to? I checked /var/adm/messages and dmesg also. How do I check older dmesg logs? I checked lastlog and also ran the last command. Nothing useful pointing to why server rebooted. Also when server reboots I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

restarting sysedge on a solaris server

If I want to restart sysedge on a solaris box and it does not want to come up. It gets stucked. How can I check where the sysedge pid file so I can delete it and try to start sysedge again? What can cause sysedge to not come up? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle Solaris 11 on home server

I am interested in learning oracle solais 11 but I can't seem to find a discounted version/free version with security updates for home use (I would like to set it up as I would a real server for practice so I would like to get security updates I understand that there is a trial version but you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crookedmaze
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
rpcbind(1M)															       rpcbind(1M)

NAME
rpcbind - universal addresses to RPC program number mapper SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is a server that converts RPC program numbers into universal addresses. It must be running on the host to be able to make RPC calls on a server on that machine. When an RPC service is started, it tells the address at which it is listening, and the RPC program numbers it is prepared to serve. When a client wishes to make an RPC call to a given program number, it first contacts on the server machine to determine the address where RPC requests should be sent. should be started before any other RPC service. Normally, standard RPC servers are started by port monitors, so must be started before port monitors are invoked. When is started, it checks that certain name-to-address translation calls function correctly. If they fail, the network configuration databases may be corrupt. Since RPC services cannot function correctly in this situation, reports the condition and terminates. can only be started by the super-user. Options recognizes the following options: Run in debug mode. In this mode, will not fork when it starts, will print additional information during operation, and will abort on certain errors. With this option, the name-to-address translation consistency checks are shown in detail. Do a warm start. If aborts or terminates on or it will write the current list of registered services to and Starting with the option instructs it to look for these files and start operation with the registrations found in them. This allows to resume operation without requiring all RPC services to be restarted. WARNINGS
Terminating with will prevent the warm-start files from being written. All RPC servers must be restarted if the following occurs: crashes (or is killed with and is unable to to write the warm-start files; is started without the option after a graceful termination; or, the warm-start files are not found by AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
rpcinfo(1M), rpcbind(3N). rpcbind(1M)