Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use cut -f commant in unix Post 75922 by vino on Thursday 23rd of June 2005 07:42:04 AM
Old 06-23-2005
Show a sample of how your input would look like.

vino

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with UNIX cut command

#!/usr/bin/bash cat /etc/passwd | while read A do USER=`echo “$A” | cut -f 1 -d “:”` echo “Found $USER” done This shell script should make USER = the first field of the first line of the file /etc/passwd Eg: adm daemon bob jane kev etc ... However USER=echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin80
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut first line in unix

Hi I need to cut the first line of a line and append it at last of the same file, when i run the script for the second time.. plz help on this.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Cut or Awk from 'Right TO Left'

Hello, I want to get the User Name details of a user from a file list. This list can be in the format: FirstName_MiddleName1_LastName_ID FirstName_LastName_ID FirstName_MiddleName1_MiddleName2_LastName_ID What i want it to return is FirstName_MiddleName1_LastName of a user. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limamichelle
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut/fgrep (UNIX utilities)

Hi I need to download unix utilities for my windows OS as i need to use cut/fgrep command. Can any one help me with this please. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syseq
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script - cut specified line and perform loop

Guys, I have a requirement as below. consider,if i use df command, its getting the below output. file system kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/sample/ 45765 40000 5765 50% / /dev/filesys/ 30000 20000 1000 80% /u .... .... Now i wanted to cut the /u... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
SoXI(1) 							  Sound eXchange							   SoXI(1)

NAME
SoXI - Sound eXchange Information, display sound file metadata SYNOPSIS
soxi [-V[level]] [-T] [-t|-r|-c|-s|-d|-D|-b|-B|-e|-a] infile1 ... DESCRIPTION
Displays information from the header of a given audio file or files. Supported audio file types are listed and described in soxformat(7). Note however, that soxi is intended for use only with audio files with a self-describing header. By default, as much information as is available is shown. An option may be given to select just a single piece of information (perhaps for use in a script or batch-file). OPTIONS
-V Set verbosity. See sox(1) for details. -T Used with multiple files; changes the behaviour of -s, -d and -D to display the total across all given files. Note that when used with -s with files with different sampling rates, this is of questionable value. -t Show detected file-type. -r Show sample-rate. -c Show number of channels. -s Show number of samples (0 if unavailable). -d Show duration in hours, minutes and seconds (0 if unavailable). Equivalent to number of samples divided by the sample-rate. -D Show duration in seconds (0 if unavailable). -b Show number of bits per sample. -B Show the bitrate averaged over the whole file (0 if unavailable). -e Show the name of the audio encoding. -a Show file comments (annotations) if available. BUGS
Please report any bugs found in this version of SoX to the mailing list (sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
sox(1), soxformat(7), libsox(3) The SoX web site at http://sox.sourceforge.net LICENSE
Copyright 2008-9 by Chris Bagwell and SoX Contributors. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. AUTHORS
Chris Bagwell (cbagwell@users.sourceforge.net). Other authors and contributors are listed in the ChangeLog file that is distributed with the source code. soxi February 19, 2011 SoXI(1)