Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to force the print Font?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to force the print Font? Post 75860 by redlotus72 on Wednesday 22nd of June 2005 01:20:58 PM
Old 06-22-2005
How to force the print Font?

Hi,

Now I am printing my ps file as follows:

lp -d n40prt0234 $i

where $i is the file name passed in a loop.

I need to change the file's print fonts to "Verdana and the Size = 10"

how to change?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to set font for Print

I want one help from you.I got one printer related task in which when user is printing some doc , Font size is big. He want to reduce the size.we are using SUN SOLARIS (Text Based - NON GUI) operation system. Can you tell me , what could be the reason and how to check default font size and style... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahuja_kishor
0 Replies

2. Linux

Is there any way to unload *.so by force?

In linux, dlclose can unload the dynamic linked library when the reference count decreases to zero. My questions is: Is there any way to unload the *.so without caring the reference count? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
0 Replies

3. AIX

Modify Print Orientation, Font and Pitch

I need to be able to change the font, pitch, and orientation when printing a text flat file. Any suggestions appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_dog
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Force machine reconfiguration

Hi, This may be a dumb question, but here goes. While I have been using Linux for some time, I am wondering if a certain capability exists within Red Hat that I have found within SUSE. Cool stuff you might not know that AutoYast can do ? Part 1 Linux In Novell’s East Region points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - force matching

for below perl code, if without ?, will print test, otherwise will print null. i know it is due to greedy perl regexp matching that eat out test by previous .*, i also know there should be a way to force perl to match if can match, can anyone help me to figure it out or lead me to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Force cat to use OFS

Hey, I am working on some file comparisons with csv files. csv files use "," as the field separator and I want to do a cat -n file > file to put the file numbers at the beginning of the lines, but cat uses "\t" as the separator. Can I force cat to use "," as the Output file separator. Or can... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MHardeman25
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
IMAGEFONTWIDTH(3)							 1							 IMAGEFONTWIDTH(3)

imagefontwidth - Get font width

SYNOPSIS
int imagefontwidth (int $font) DESCRIPTION
Returns the pixel width of a character in font. PARAMETERS
o $ font -Can be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for built-in fonts in latin2 encoding (where higher numbers corresponding to larger fonts) or any of your own font identifiers registered with imageloadfont(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the pixel width of the font. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using imagefontwidth(3) on built-in fonts <?php echo 'Font width: ' . imagefontwidth(4); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Font width: 8 Example #2 Using imagefontwidth(3) together with imageloadfont(3) <?php // Load a .gdf font $font = imageloadfont('anonymous.gdf'); echo 'Font width: ' . imagefontwidth($font); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Font width: 23 SEE ALSO
imagefontheight(3), imageloadfont(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGEFONTWIDTH(3)