Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top procs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Top procs Post 75771 by pixelbeat on Wednesday 22nd of June 2005 05:22:32 AM
Old 06-22-2005
I use the following on linux?

ps -e -o pmem=,rss=,args= | sort -b -k1,1n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing Oracle Stored Procs from Korn Shell

Can someone tell me how to execute an Oracle Stored Procedure from a Korn Shell Script. Previously, I'm able to execute standard sql using the following:- The_Output=`sqlplus................. << EOF select count(*) from abc / ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinny_Mitchell
3 Replies

3. AIX

4 procs, can I slice ?

if the system pegs at 100%, can I reserve .2cpu to allow for logins and such? the oracle rman/other activities take up some resources on occassion ... 3.8 procs for the system and .2 reserved? I'm not sure how to tackle this issue ... is this a good use for WLM? any thoughts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A Stewart
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX and 'top'

I've been working with an HP-UX system (RP5400 Series PA-RISC server) for about a year that hosts some middleware. The middleware sits between an Oracle DB (on another box) and the client applications running on about 800 PCs. From the beginning, I've noticed that 'top' reports between 0.0% and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help using top and ps

help! i need help with locating where a program is being run from. when i type top -i it only lists the name and minimal info, not the programs location from where it is being ran. i ask because i just used the same named executable, a.exe for all the processes and have lost the schedule detailing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabs1985
4 Replies

6. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH to execute stored procs/ctrl files

I am needing to call sqlplus and sqlldr in the same korn shell script. Below are the steps that I need to accomplish. I am new to Oracle shell scripting so an example would be great. CBOB_LOAD.KSH - script name Calls Oracle stored procedure sp_CBOB_CLEAR_LN_STAGING (SERVER: TESTSVR100) Calls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acewilli
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to filter user procs older than n days

Hello; Trying to filter user procs older than n days from todays date. The data I have to work with: UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | grep -v ^root |more daemon 2048 1 0 47-01:55:24 Dec 2 dslgrai 4352 4351 0 6-00:13:00 Jan 12 sfmdb 2425 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--killing backround Procs spawned from the parent script with Ctrl+C trap

Hello: Am trying to understand why the method #2 works but method #1 does not. For both methods, sending CTRL+C should kill both the Parent script & all of the spanwd background procs. Method #1: ========================== #!/bin/sh ctrl_c() { echo "** Trapped CTRL-C" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
3 Replies
OpenGuides::Feed(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     OpenGuides::Feed(3pm)

set_feed_name_and_url_params Overrides the default feed name and default feed http equivalent url. Useful on custom feeds, where the
       defaults are incorrect.
	      $feed->set_feed_name_and_url("Search Results", "search=pub");
	      $feed->build_mini_feed_for_nodes("rss", @search_results);

make_feed
	   Produce one of the standard feeds, in the requested format.

my $feed_contents = feeds->make_feed(
					   feed_type => 'rss',
					   feed_listing => 'recent_changes'
			       );

Passes additional arguments through to the underlying Wiki::Toolkit::Feed

build_feed_for_nodes
	   For the given feed type, build a feed from the supplied list of nodes.  Will figure out the feed timestamp from the newest node, and
	   output a
	    last modified header based on this.

my @nodes = $wiki->fetch_me_nodes_I_like(); my $feed_contents = $feed->build_feed_for_nodes("rss", @nodes);

build_mini_feed_for_nodes
	   For the given feed type, build a mini feed (name and distance) from the
	    supplied list of nodes.  Will figure out the feed timestamp from the newest node, and output a
	    last modified header based on this.

my @nodes = $wiki->search_near_here(); my $feed_contents = $feed->build_mini_feed_for_nodes("rss", @nodes);

render_feed_for_nodes
	   Normally internal method to perform the appropriate building of a feed based on a list of nodes.

default_content_type
	   For the given feed type, return the default content type for that feed.

my $content_type = $feed->default_content_type("rss");

fetch_maker
	   For the given feed type, identify and return the maker routine for feeds of that type.

my $maker = $feed->fetch_maker("rss"); my $feed_contents = maker->node_all_versions(%options);

Will always return something of type Wiki::Toolkit::Feed::Listing

NAME
OpenGuides::Feed - generate data feeds for OpenGuides in various formats. DESCRIPTION
Produces RSS 1.0 and Atom 1.0 feeds for OpenGuides. Distributed and installed as part of the OpenGuides project, not intended for independent installation. This documentation is probably only useful to OpenGuides developers. SYNOPSIS
use Wiki::Toolkit; use OpenGuides::Config; use OpenGuides::Feed; my $wiki = Wiki::Toolkit->new( ... ); my $config = OpenGuides::Config->new( file => "wiki.conf" ); my $feed = OpenGuides::Feed->new( wiki => $wiki, config => $config, og_version => '1.0', ); # Ten most recent changes in RSS format. my %args = ( items => 10, feed_type => 'rss', also_return_timestamp => 1 ); my ($feed_output,$feed_timestamp) = $feed->make_feed( %args ); print "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml "; print "Last-Modified: " . $feed_timestamp . " "; print $feed_output; METHODS
new my $feed = OpenGuides::Feed->new( wiki => $wiki, config => $config, og_version => '1.0', ); "wiki" must be a Wiki::Toolkit object and "config" must be an OpenGuides::Config object. Both of these arguments are mandatory. "og_version" is an optional argument specifying the version of OpenGuides for inclusion in the feed. rss_maker Returns a raw Wiki::Toolkit::Feed::RSS object created with the values you invoked this module with. atom_maker Returns a raw Wiki::Toolkit::Feed::Atom object created with the values you invoked this module with. make_feed # Ten most recent changes in RSS format. my %args = ( items => 10, feed_type => 'rss', also_return_timestamp => 1 ); my ($feed_output,$feed_timestamp) = $rdf_writer->make_feed( %args ); print "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml "; print "Last-Modified: " . $feed_timestamp . " "; print $feed_output; print $rdf_writer->make_feed( %args ); # All the changes made by bob in the past week, ignoring minor edits, in Atom. $args{days} = 7; $args{ignore_minor_edits = 1; $args{filter_on_metadata} => { username => "bob" }; $args{also_return_timestamp} => 1; my ($feed_output,$feed_timestamp) = $rdf_writer->make_feed( %args ); print "Content-Type: application/atom+xml "; print "Last-Modified: " . $feed_timestamp . " "; print $feed_output; feed_timestamp Instead of calling this, you should instead pass in the 'also_return_timestamp' option. You will then get back the feed timestamp, along with the feed output. This method will be removed in future, and currently will only return meaningful values if your arguments relate to recent changes. print "Last-Modified: " . $feed->feed_timestamp( %args ) . " "; Returns the timestamp of something in POSIX::strftime style ("Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:34:56 GMT"). Takes the same arguments as make_recentchanges_rss(). You will most likely need this to print a Last-Modified HTTP header so user-agents can determine whether they need to reload the feed or not. SEE ALSO
o Wiki::Toolkit, Wiki::Toolkit::Feed::RSS and Wiki::Toolkit::Feed::Atom o <http://openguides.org/> AUTHOR
The OpenGuides Project (openguides-dev@lists.openguides.org) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2009 The OpenGuides Project. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. CREDITS
Written by Earle Martin, based on the original OpenGuides::RDF by Kake Pugh. perl v5.14.2 2013-01-11 OpenGuides::Feed(3pm)