Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time to live
Special Forums Cybersecurity time to live Post 75629 by pressy on Tuesday 21st of June 2005 04:49:57 AM
Old 06-21-2005
thx mate, got it. i read through the link that's a good explanation. i see that it makes no seens on my configuration because:
Code:
pressytest@gentoo ~ # telnet 192.168.133.122 22
Trying 192.168.133.122...
Connected to 192.168.133.122.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1
exit
Connection closed by foreign host.
pressytest@gentoo ~ # 

AND:

MAC Address: 08:00:20:xx:xx:xx (SUN Microsystems)

would have to change my ssh server to openssh and make a dummy MAC for an other vendor. true, should work fine with a patched system.
thanks again
greetings PRESSY

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piped open not real-time - How would one handle live data?

When I run "/etc/myApp" I am presented with continuous output, just about once per second. However when I try to get the information in Perl via a piped open, it waits till the end to give me anything... my code: open (OUTPUT,"/etc/myApp |"); while (<OUTPUT>){ print $_; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

3. Linux

Process time-to-live setting

I have a cron job scheduled to run every 5 mins, and run a php script. Something was not right about the script and when I checked the server had very little spare memory. Looked in running processes and I could see that many instances of the script were still running. I am new to this whole... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzillion
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Live/real-time text-file updates in terminal

I want to have a terminal open and have something like a "repeating cat" command running in it for a certain text file (in particular /var/log/system.log). So my terminal will scan or cat the text file every so often or whenever the text file system.log gets written to by the system, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

6. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
ARP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  ARP(3pm)

NAME
ARP - Perl extension for creating ARP packets SYNOPSIS
use Net::ARP; Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); print "$mac "; $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); print "192.168.1.1 has got mac $mac "; IMPORTANT Version 1.0 will break with the API of PRE-1.0 versions, because the return value of arp_lookup() and get_mac() will no longer be passed as parameter, but returned! I hope this decision is ok as long as we get a cleaner and more perlish API. DESCRIPTION This module can be used to create and send ARP packets and to get the mac address of an ethernet interface or ip address. send_packet() Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation I think this is self documentating. ARP operation can be one of the following values: request, reply, revrequest, revreply, invrequest, invreply. The default ARP operation is reply. get_mac() $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); This gets the MAC address of the eth0 interface and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. arp_lookup() $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); This looks up the MAC address for the ip address 192.168.1.1 and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. SEE ALSO
man -a arp AUTHOR
Bastian Ballmann [ Balle@chaostal.de ] http://www.datenterrorist.de COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Bastian Ballmann This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2009-04-24 ARP(3pm)