Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX cannot logon HP-UX with the account more than 8 characters Post 75224 by Perderabo on Thursday 16th of June 2005 08:52:59 AM
Old 06-16-2005
No. HP-UX limits user names to 8 characters.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't logon

I stupidly changed the shell of the root user to one that does not exist, and now when I try to lgon it says it cannot find the path to my shell and will not let me proceed any further. Is there any way I can get round this without re-installing the OS? Thanks for any replies. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRP
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logon to ssh

Hi, I need to run a command remotely, rsh is disabled so I'm trying to do this: ssh myserver ls -lst /work/jsf The problem is that this prompts for a password and I want to do it in a shell script. How can I pass the password without user interaction? I tried "echo mypass | ssh_command" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky_triton
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting an account to be a non-login account automatically?

Is there a way to easily change an account to be a non login account (NP in the shadow) file? I know I can just edit the file but that is not what we want to do. We use access control software and want to provide a way to set an account to be non-login using simple commands that can be mapped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

About Logon

hi how can I know abt the details of current user who are logged on and as well as those users who currently have an account but are not logged on? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

6. Linux

Apply disk quota to account(dedicate 3 GB to account).

Hi , I am faceing lot of problem due to "disk space is not enough". senerio is like as, In system has 5 account. a,b,c,d,e say account c if very critical. Due to other user's data, user 'c' is faceing disk space issue. I want to dedicate 3 GB for user 'c'. No user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Restart old account, change email for account

Hi there, I may have had a typo in my email previously provided. I have doublechecked my email for Scott's reply but havent seen it, so I am creating a new post. My new email can be either one of these: <removed> or <removed> I beleive my old email was <removed by admin> thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
1 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Simultaneously try to execute commands after connecting to remote account to one account

I have made password less connection to my remote account. and i tried to execute commands at a time. but i am unable to execute the commands. ssh $ACCOUNT_DETAILS@$HOST_DETAILS cd ~/JEE/*/logs/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishored005
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What happens to your skype account if you close outlook.com email account?

Hello, Does anyone know what happens to your skype account if you close the outlook.com email account which are linked together? As you know they are both owned by Microsoft. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
PAM_LIMITS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_LIMITS(8)

NAME
pam_limits - PAM module to limit resources SYNOPSIS
pam_limits.so [conf=/path/to/limits.conf] [debug] [set_all] [utmp_early] [noaudit] DESCRIPTION
The pam_limits PAM module sets limits on the system resources that can be obtained in a user-session. Users of uid=0 are affected by this limits, too. By default limits are taken from the /etc/security/limits.conf config file. Then individual *.conf files from the /etc/security/limits.d/ directory are read. The files are parsed one after another in the order of "C" locale. The effect of the individual files is the same as if all the files were concatenated together in the order of parsing. If a config file is explicitly specified with a module option then the files in the above directory are not parsed. The module must not be called by a multithreaded application. If Linux PAM is compiled with audit support the module will report when it denies access based on limit of maximum number of concurrent login sessions. OPTIONS
conf=/path/to/limits.conf Indicate an alternative limits.conf style configuration file to override the default. debug Print debug information. set_all Set the limits for which no value is specified in the configuration file to the one from the process with the PID 1. utmp_early Some broken applications actually allocate a utmp entry for the user before the user is admitted to the system. If some of the services you are configuring PAM for do this, you can selectively use this module argument to compensate for this behavior and at the same time maintain system-wide consistency with a single limits.conf file. noaudit Do not report exceeded maximum logins count to the audit subsystem. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT Cannot get current limits. PAM_IGNORE No limits found for this user. PAM_PERM_DENIED New limits could not be set. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Cannot read config file. PAM_SESSION_ERR Error recovering account name. PAM_SUCCESS Limits were changed. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The user is not known to the system. FILES
/etc/security/limits.conf Default configuration file EXAMPLES
For the services you need resources limits (login for example) put a the following line in /etc/pam.d/login as the last line for that service (usually after the pam_unix session line): #%PAM-1.0 # # Resource limits imposed on login sessions via pam_limits # session required pam_limits.so Replace "login" for each service you are using this module. SEE ALSO
limits.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8). AUTHORS
pam_limits was initially written by Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_LIMITS(8)