Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for something like Citrix for *nix Post 75177 by d11wtq on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 04:57:52 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Genius!! I didn't know that. I'm about to google so I dunno why I'm asking but.... does that mean I can be logged on to KDE locally and another user can remote in and log on as themselves and be served with their own (KDE or whatever) X desktop without affecting my work?

Thanks for the keywords I need Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Citrix Library for UNIX

Hi All Does anyone knows of a library that I can use to write UNXI programs that interact with Citrix Server ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ditaru
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Citrix font problem

Hello world! I have a problem with my solaris 8 and 9 machines running Citrix server, the fonts in X applications are hard to read and faulty scaled. Anybody know how to turn om some kind of anti-aliasing or font smoothing? /David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Citrix on Solaris

I am getting the following message "Failed to establish all listening sockets" also /tmp/.X11-pipe gets to about 50 entries and then I can't start any more Citrix sessions until I manually remove those entries. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install citrix metaframe server in Solairs 9 and 10,

How to install citrix metaframe server in Solairs 9 and 10, Plese help me if anybody having instllation procedure. your help greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Citrix cannot accept any connections in solaris 9

We have installed Citrix server in Solaris 9 (Sparc Ultra45), we are able to connect from windows workstations to Citrix Server. But today Suddenly we got the error Citrix server cannot accept any connections. I am not aware of citrix server, All citrix user Please help me in this regard what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
0 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implicit FTPS error on Citrix Sharefile

Hi, I have to upload a file to a remote Citrix Sharefile server using implicit FTPS. But the problem I'm facing is that when the FTPS UNIX script is called through a GUI tool; it keeps on running and after forcibly killing that job, if I try to connect the same server directly from the UNIX box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies
DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)				      General Commands Manual					  DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)

NAME
desktop-file-validate - Validate desktop entry files SYNOPSIS
desktop-file-validate [--no-warn-deprecated] [--warn-kde] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The desktop-file-validate program is a tool to validate desktop entry files according to the Desktop Entry specification 1.0. The specification describes a file format to provide information such as name, icon and description for an application. Such a file can then be used as an application launcher and to display the application in the applications menu. For information about the Desktop Entry specification, see http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-entry-spec. The desktop entry files are commonly called desktop files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --no-warn-deprecated Do not warn about usage of deprecated items that were defined in previous versions of the specification. --warn-kde Warn about usage of KDE extensions to the specification. This includes the use of the KDE Desktop Entry group, of the ServiceTypes, DocPath, Keywords, InitialPreference, Dev, FSType, MountPoint, ReadOnly, UnmountIcon keys, or of the Service, ServiceType and FSDe- vice types. BUGS
If you find bugs in the desktop-file-validate program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. SEE ALSO
desktop-file-edit(1) desktop-file-install(1) FREEDESKTOP.ORG DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)