Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for something like Citrix for *nix Post 75177 by d11wtq on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 04:57:52 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Genius!! I didn't know that. I'm about to google so I dunno why I'm asking but.... does that mean I can be logged on to KDE locally and another user can remote in and log on as themselves and be served with their own (KDE or whatever) X desktop without affecting my work?

Thanks for the keywords I need Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Citrix Library for UNIX

Hi All Does anyone knows of a library that I can use to write UNXI programs that interact with Citrix Server ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ditaru
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Citrix font problem

Hello world! I have a problem with my solaris 8 and 9 machines running Citrix server, the fonts in X applications are hard to read and faulty scaled. Anybody know how to turn om some kind of anti-aliasing or font smoothing? /David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Citrix on Solaris

I am getting the following message "Failed to establish all listening sockets" also /tmp/.X11-pipe gets to about 50 entries and then I can't start any more Citrix sessions until I manually remove those entries. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install citrix metaframe server in Solairs 9 and 10,

How to install citrix metaframe server in Solairs 9 and 10, Plese help me if anybody having instllation procedure. your help greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Citrix cannot accept any connections in solaris 9

We have installed Citrix server in Solaris 9 (Sparc Ultra45), we are able to connect from windows workstations to Citrix Server. But today Suddenly we got the error Citrix server cannot accept any connections. I am not aware of citrix server, All citrix user Please help me in this regard what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
0 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implicit FTPS error on Citrix Sharefile

Hi, I have to upload a file to a remote Citrix Sharefile server using implicit FTPS. But the problem I'm facing is that when the FTPS UNIX script is called through a GUI tool; it keeps on running and after forcibly killing that job, if I try to connect the same server directly from the UNIX box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [--nosignal | --noincremental | --checkstamps | --nocheckfiles | --global | --menutest | --track menu-id | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .proto- col files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>. 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)