Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics Post 75137 by HSTheDuck on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 02:16:13 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics

I'm running a Sunblade 1500 with 2 XVR-100 video cards. I have Xinerama runing as well. Desktop is CDE. Can someone help me in converting Jpeg pictures so that I can use them as backdrops? Is there a way to make the picture come on both monitors instead of streaching it across both?

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp selected jpeg files from unix filesystem

Hi All We have hp-ux 11iv1 system running with oracle8i database. We have around 350,000 users, each user uploaded their own signatures and are stored in unix filesystems department wise. A database is maintained to keep their particulars with a path to link their signature files. Now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jpeg viewer on SunOS 5.8

I was wondering what program can i use instead of mozilla to view a picture on a sun solaris system running SunOS 5.8. To view a pic i'm currently doing it this way: xterm -sb -fn screen-bold -g 60x30+0-0 -title '%s window - pls quit window upon completion ' -e mozilla file:///usr/sailing.JPG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I view a jpeg?

I use gv or ggv to view a .pdf, or .ps file. What will allow me to see a jpeg file? If it matters, I'm using xterm on a PowerBook G4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lv not useable after lvextend - high I/O

Hello, on an Ubuntu 12.04 NAS there are some lvm's VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree vg01 1 2 0 wz--n- 930,45g 411,83g LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% Convert lv-iscsi vg01 -wi-a- 500,00g lv-root vg01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning my lists into useable copy commands

Hello everyone! I currently work in the motion picture industry and we constantly receive lists of missing media from our sound department. I use a series of commands in TextWrangler in order to remake the lists into useable copy commands to automate the whole process but if I could make this work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me_please
9 Replies
OGGSLIDESHOW(1) 						   User Manuals 						   OGGSLIDESHOW(1)

NAME
oggSlideshow - creates slideshows from pictures SYNOPSIS
oggSlideshow [options] picture1 [ picture2 [...] ] DESCRIPTION
oggSlideshow creates a theora video from a number of pictures in JPEG- or PNG-format with different visual effects. OPTIONS
-s Sets the size of the video frame. The size is given as <width>x<height> The default size is set to 480x320. Example: -s 320x240 -f Sets the frame rate of the video. This is given by the pictures per second. The default frame rate is 24 pictures per second. Example: -f 16 -o Sets the output file name of the created video. The default name is slideshow.ogv. Example: -o myShow.ogv -l Sets the presentation time (length) of one picture. So if your have 10 pictures and specify a length of 10 seconds, then your over- all video length is 1:40 (100 seconds). Example: -l 10 -d Sets the datarate in byte per seconds for the video encoder. This more meant to be a upper threshold. So the file may be smaller than assumed. Example: -d 1024000 -t Sets the presentation type, as shown above. Actually types are: kb: Ken Burns effect (default) cf: Picture crossfade for changeover p: Plain picture presentation bl: Bluring at changeover Example: -t p -e Enables the reframing. In case a picture does not match the aspect ratio of the video frame, it can be "reframed", which means black borders are inserted. This option is only usefull with the Ken Burns effect (option -t kb). The pictures are automaticaly "reframed" with the other two slideshow types to match the aspect ratio. Example: -e -x Overwrite an existing output file without warning. -r Enables the resampling to a certain value. This is really only for experts and may not be available with newer version of oggSlideshow. To understand this option you need some more internal information: The picture is loaded by the gd lib. So the transformation from png or jpeg to a plain RGBA is done here. The second reason for using gd is the great resizing facilities as pictures are often much bigger than the video frame. OggSlideshow can handle pictures from 0.5 to 2 times of the video frame width and height best, as it uses a linear pixel interpolation. With the resizing feature of gd, oggSlideshow reads pictures with a size "near" to the video out- put size and can then operate with that picture. This produces a very good quality output, as you can see above. The value given with this option is the factor the picture is read in in respect of the video frame size. When the video frame size is 320x240 and the resample factor is 1.2 than the picture that is read is resized to 384x288. Specially for the ken burns effect this is important as the sliding is done on a picture bigger than the video frame size. EXAMPLE
oggSlideshow -l3 -tp -d1024000 -s480x320 -o demo-plain.ogv <picture1.jpg> <picture2.jpg> ... AUTHOR
Joern Seger <yorn at gmx dot net> SEE ALSO
oggCut(1), oggCat(1), oggJoin(1), oggSplit(1), oggTranscode(1), oggThumb(1), oggSilence(1) Linux JAN 2010 OGGSLIDESHOW(1)