Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle problem with HPUX 11.0 Post 7500 by edwin_francis on Thursday 27th of September 2001 03:36:43 AM
Old 09-27-2001
we r using a process named Pin channel export to push those datas to Ldap from the billing.
due to the large capacity of data handled by oracle dbase we r struggling to shutdown it.Usually it hangs for hrs and then we opt to restart the server itself . This of course decrease the life of our server itself .since we r a isp here we need to have this setup of servers working without any interruption.

Regds
Francis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

HPUX and Compaq problem-urgent

Hi All Following is the lines of code which simply makes a structure of 1 bit member and 7 bit is unused.Then the structure is initialised with char pointer.The output on HPUX(BIG Endian) and Compaq(Little Endian) are different.On HPUX it gives zero and Compaq it gives 1. I never thought that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobhit
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Login Problem on the console

Hi Everyone, I have an HP3000 server on which I am unable to login to the server.I connected the server to my laptop thru a serial cable and I am unable to login thru any user ..when i enter my login id ..the system gets me back to the login prompt without asking me for a password. Cud u pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HPUX 10.20 and RAID ARENA EX3 shutdown problem

Hello, I am having a Problem with an Arena EX3 Raid on an HPUX 10.20 Workstation. Everything is working fine until I shutdown the Server and power off the Raid. Then I get a filesystem corruption on the Raid. This happens everytime. The Raid is configured as Raid Level 1. I would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nleuenbe
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problem with HPUX as NIS-Client

Hi all! I am running an NIS Server with Linux. Now I want to configure a HPUX-Server to use this NIS Server. I have don all the configuration stuff exactly as described in the documentation. When I run YPWHICH, it shows me the right server and domain. If I run YPCAT passwd, I'll get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepade
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Installation of Oracle on HPUX 11.31

I am having issues the below issues:- As per the documents Preinstallation Tasks I have linked the following files :- # cd /usr/lib # ln -s libX11.3 libX11.sl # ln -s libXIE.2 libXIE.sl # ln -s libXext.3 libXext.sl # ln -s libXhp11.3 libXhp11.sl # ln -s libXi.3 libXi.sl # ln -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grayhorns
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Having problem with mounting in HPUX

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 system. I've been having some problem in mounting a filesystem that has been defined in /etc/fstab as shown below. fstab entries: /dev/vgsap/ora10264 /oracle/PRD/102_64 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2 /dev/vgsap/orasapreog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

hpux-itanium 64 bit problem for libC

i am trying to build on hpux-itanium 64 bit platform. my application needs to link to 64 bit version of the library libCsup.so This library is present in /usr/lib/hpux64/libCsup.so I am specifying the location of this library as linker flags LDFLAGS := -Wl,-N -Wl,+s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problem in Configuring kerberos Server on HPUX

Hi, I am getting this error during kerberos server setup in HPUX 11.31 : kdb_create: unknown LDAP backend error while adding master entry to the database ps -ef|grep ldap root 3905 1 0 13:11:36 ? 0:00 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd Unable to find out the meaning of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
1 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)