Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux I am a beginner.Wanna become expert. Post 74874 by farooq_kdp on Tuesday 14th of June 2005 02:13:01 AM
Old 06-14-2005
I am a beginner.Wanna become expert.

Hi Everybody,

I am beginner to Unix platform, Can anybody guide me to learn the Unix, Scripting, shell scripting and inside stuff.

I am interesting in programming that needs the step by step walk.

Thankful to those who dare to walk along.

yours

farooq

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to it all, But i wanna script really badly!!!

Ok, im brand new to this whole thing, well nearly, but all i wanna know and do is scripting, WHAT DO I DO?!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheNewGuy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total windows cripple wanna learn unix well

hello, I finally installed a unix port (NetBSD) on my workpad z50 and now I'm trying to configure it and well right about now I know 2 commands and I can start one program Vi is the program and I can navagate with cd and ls those are the two commands wait I know 3 date I also know but I can't even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terramir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

4. Programming

Anyone wanna write this?

Write a function named isPrime which accepts one integer parameter, say x. Have the function return TRUE if x is a prime. Otherwise, have it return FALSE. b) Write a program that keeps asking the user for an integer say k. As long as k is greater than 0, the program will call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Bits - Anyone wanna work something out?

I need bits for the emergency forum....my panic levels are starting to rise due to no responses to my threads. Please let me know if you have extra bits, and what it will take to get them. I need like 13000 more to post in there I think. Thank you, D ---------- Post updated at 01:09 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Wanna change my username

Hi team, I want to change my username.. I tried in the edit option but i can't get it.. Can u help me.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)