Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clock() function
Top Forums Programming clock() function Post 74634 by Perderabo on Friday 10th of June 2005 07:33:21 PM
Old 06-10-2005
I think that clock() is cpu time while gettimeofday() is wallclock time. Maybe getrusage() should be used... But I have never used clock().

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock in Unix using awk

Hey everyone! Can someone help me, i need to make a program using awk, that displays the current time (hh/mm/ss), i would really apreciate it! Thanks! Alex. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_omul
4 Replies

5. Programming

clock cycle count

Hello everybody! Is there a way to count the clock cycles (that a program took to finish) in C? thanx:o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
5 Replies

6. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Clock doesn't tick

This is a strange one, I've never seen anything like it; the realtime clock doesn't tick while the computer's idle, only when you're watching it. Leave for 3 hours and it'll be 3 hours off. It still advances when it's off however, or the time would be far more incorrect than it is. About all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron: Clock generating

Hello. I would like to do this : A_VAR_FLAG = "ABCD" +------------+...................................+---------+ ...............................|.................|...................................|.............|... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies
drv_usectohz(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  drv_usectohz(9F)

NAME
drv_usectohz - convert microseconds to clock ticks SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> clock_t drv_usectohz(clock_t microsecs); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
microsecs The number of microseconds to convert. DESCRIPTION
drv_usectohz() converts a length of time expressed in microseconds to a number of system clock ticks. The time arguments to timeout(9F) and delay(9F) are expressed in clock ticks. drv_usectohz() is a portable interface for drivers to make calls to timeout(9F) and delay(9F) and remain binary compatible should the driver object file be used on a system with a different clock speed (a different number of ticks in a second). RETURN VALUES
The value returned is the number of system clock ticks equivalent to the microsecs argument. No error value is returned. If the clock tick equivalent to microsecs is too large to be represented as a clock_t, then the maximum clock_t value will be returned. CONTEXT
drv_usectohz() can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
delay(9F), drv_hztousec(9F), timeout(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 12 Nov 1992 drv_usectohz(9F)