Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using Batch command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Batch command Post 74549 by jhansrod on Friday 10th of June 2005 12:50:00 PM
Old 06-10-2005
This is now becoming a sendmail problem, therefore I will open another thread for this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to read batch process but need some command help

I am trying to access batch process that take place each nite. I am using Solaris 5.8 (and i am used to redhat). however I am trying to access say a certain directory. The home/oradev , is the directory...in there i am trying to access say a batch file within this, how can see if they are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT command to batch execute every x hours

I want to schedule a batch job (SQL)to run every 6 hours in Unix and the AT command syntax does not seem to cover this. I have created a file ncd_rpt in the directory report and have given the command in this file. at -f /report/ncd_rpt 1:00 am tomorrow I schedule this by running sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch file using sed command in msdos

<! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" how should i program it in oder to display this: <! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rita1985
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Add password to batch command?

hello, I'd like a batch command to prompt me for a password when I try to use it, and only work if I type in the correct password, can this be done? thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Killalot57
8 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to call a command in a batch file?

Hi, I would like to get the output of below command emailed to me in a windows2003 server. "bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -U" I will be using "blat" to email the output of this command.But not sure how the above command is called for in a batch file when executed. Would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need equialent command for batch scripts

Hi Friend, what is the equivalent command for batch scripting of tail -1. for example : i have a.txt file with below the contents. i need to print last line --------------------------------- Use descriptive thread titles when posting. For example, do not post questions with subjects like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script batch with command sed

hi, i have a folder with 2000 text file where each file contain a string. i need to trasform this string like this: example of file : My name is Mark and I'm a child the new file must be: insert into tabella ('My name','My name is Mark and I'm a child'); where the first column is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yo-yo78
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. FILES
/etc/mail/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the traditional sendmail(8) program: # Execute the "real" sendmail program located in # /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail sendmail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail send-mail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike like Postfix in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using postfix sendmail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail send-mail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail mailq /usr/local/sbin/sendmail newaliases /usr/local/sbin/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike with Exim (from ports) in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using exim sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim send-mail /usr/local/sbin/exim mailq /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp newaliases /usr/bin/true rmail /usr/local/sbin/exim -i -oee This example shows the use of the mini_sendmail package from ports in place of sendmail(8). Note the use of additional arguments. # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini_sendmail sendmail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8) postfix(1) (ports/mail/postfix), mini_sendmail(8) (ports/mail/mini_sendmail) HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the "behave dif- ferently if invoked with a different name" behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
October 8, 2010 BSD