Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp allow/deny list
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp allow/deny list Post 74275 by wbendek on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 07:40:56 PM
Old 06-08-2005
ftp allow/deny list

OK, let see, i have a Tru64 Unix and need to know how the list of ftp users works and in /etc/ftpusers we have the unauthorized users but when we create a new user i want this users put automatic for deny access .....

where i set when creation of users action put automatic the user in that file?

Please give me anyone a hint or any clue how i can manage the users who has ftp access.

Willy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet deny

Hi all I'm using an AIX 5 machine. I'm trying to telnet from this machine to another Aix machine. When I use the "root" user - Everything works. I can telnet successfully the other machine When I use another user but root - I can't telnet the machine: noah@logist:/home/noah>telnet aixtst... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting list of directories on windows using ftp

is this possible ? i want to get the complete path of current working directory and folders under that directory ( ignore the files in them ) on windows usingn ftp from a unix box The reason i am asking is because I need to write a script so that whenever a user creates a folder on windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to deny someone to use ftp command ?

hi,all, i have a question to trouble you. a workstation named AAA, and open the ftp services to permit user download and upload files. i have root password. a pc install windows 2k named BBB, someone install a serv-u ftp ( a ftp server software ) to transfer data. i don't have the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
4 Replies

4. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others

HI I want to make only one IP can access to ftp acount in cpanel or by shell can any body help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elkadrey
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files ftp

I list files on server ftp, and i'm a french man then i have files with accents. When i use wget for a mirroring, the files with accent are not encoded correctly, i have some "%CC%81" instead "é" for example... I have idea to cat the file list and pipe for tr awk or sed but unfotunately nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from list help, using an old post

I am trying to use this old post from bbabr about ftp and I am running into a little snag with the second part of the todo.lst. for some reason the password is not being accepted. Here is the original code that was posted here some years back. I am having problems with this piece so far: echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbouhaik
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to list the current ftp connections?

Hello, I need to know How to list the ""current"" ftp connections? the machine is AIX 6.1 Regards Ahmed Amer Cairo,Egypt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to list files

Hi Guys, Am writing a FTP script to download file from a remote server. There are 3 files in the target directory. eg. bfg234.2 vfg345.1 abc123.1 abc123.2 I need to get the file "abc123.2". The number could be increasing everytime.I need to get the latest file. can this be done ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts.deny

Hi there, For /etc/hosts.deny was it used to deny access from the internet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)