Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle problem with HPUX 11.0 Post 7408 by edwin_francis on Wednesday 26th of September 2001 03:34:58 AM
Old 09-26-2001
Java Oracle problem with HPUX 11.0

HI all

I think i can get a perfect solution for our problem here.
we r using oracle 7i on hpux 11.0 as a billing server .The thing is it used to get hanged sometime and we need to unmount and need to mount the oracle DB then we need to start the oracle process.The process running in that server also used to struck sometimes we r restartng the server itself.
Our harddisk capacity is 9gb with 9gb mirroring and a memory of 1.5Gb .our processor is of 440Mhz Risca based.

thanks in advance for any solution to overcome this problem and need the reason why its behaving like this..

FrancisHI all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

HPUX and Compaq problem-urgent

Hi All Following is the lines of code which simply makes a structure of 1 bit member and 7 bit is unused.Then the structure is initialised with char pointer.The output on HPUX(BIG Endian) and Compaq(Little Endian) are different.On HPUX it gives zero and Compaq it gives 1. I never thought that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobhit
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Login Problem on the console

Hi Everyone, I have an HP3000 server on which I am unable to login to the server.I connected the server to my laptop thru a serial cable and I am unable to login thru any user ..when i enter my login id ..the system gets me back to the login prompt without asking me for a password. Cud u pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HPUX 10.20 and RAID ARENA EX3 shutdown problem

Hello, I am having a Problem with an Arena EX3 Raid on an HPUX 10.20 Workstation. Everything is working fine until I shutdown the Server and power off the Raid. Then I get a filesystem corruption on the Raid. This happens everytime. The Raid is configured as Raid Level 1. I would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nleuenbe
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problem with HPUX as NIS-Client

Hi all! I am running an NIS Server with Linux. Now I want to configure a HPUX-Server to use this NIS Server. I have don all the configuration stuff exactly as described in the documentation. When I run YPWHICH, it shows me the right server and domain. If I run YPCAT passwd, I'll get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepade
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Installation of Oracle on HPUX 11.31

I am having issues the below issues:- As per the documents Preinstallation Tasks I have linked the following files :- # cd /usr/lib # ln -s libX11.3 libX11.sl # ln -s libXIE.2 libXIE.sl # ln -s libXext.3 libXext.sl # ln -s libXhp11.3 libXhp11.sl # ln -s libXi.3 libXi.sl # ln -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grayhorns
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Having problem with mounting in HPUX

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 system. I've been having some problem in mounting a filesystem that has been defined in /etc/fstab as shown below. fstab entries: /dev/vgsap/ora10264 /oracle/PRD/102_64 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2 /dev/vgsap/orasapreog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

hpux-itanium 64 bit problem for libC

i am trying to build on hpux-itanium 64 bit platform. my application needs to link to 64 bit version of the library libCsup.so This library is present in /usr/lib/hpux64/libCsup.so I am specifying the location of this library as linker flags LDFLAGS := -Wl,-N -Wl,+s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problem in Configuring kerberos Server on HPUX

Hi, I am getting this error during kerberos server setup in HPUX 11.31 : kdb_create: unknown LDAP backend error while adding master entry to the database ps -ef|grep ldap root 3905 1 0 13:11:36 ? 0:00 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd Unable to find out the meaning of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
1 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount file systems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special ... | node ... | fsid ... umount -a | -A [-F fstab] [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a file system from the file system tree. The file system can be specified by its special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v'' when run by root. The options are as follows: -a All the file systems described in fstab(5) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted file systems except the root are unmounted. -F fstab Specify the fstab file to use. -f The file system is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root file system cannot be forcibly unmounted. For NFS, a forced dismount can take up to 1 minute or more to complete against an unresponsive server and may throw away data not yet written to the server for this case. -h host Only file systems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option implies the -A option and, unless otherwise speci- fied with the -t option, will only unmount NFS file systems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on file systems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of file system types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the file system types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -a -t nfs,nullfs unmounts all file systems of the type NFS and NULLFS that are listed in the fstab(5) file. -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each file system is unmounted. ENVIRONMENT
PATH_FSTAB If the environment variable PATH_FSTAB is set, all operations are performed against the specified file. PATH_FSTAB will not be honored if the process environment or memory address space is considered ``tainted''. (See issetugid(2) for more information.) FILES
/etc/fstab file system table SEE ALSO
unmount(2), fstab(5), autounmountd(8), mount(8) HISTORY
A umount utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
November 22, 2014 BSD