Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: An Idea for Tokenizing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting An Idea for Tokenizing Post 73991 by bakunin on Tuesday 7th of June 2005 05:39:05 AM
Old 06-07-2005
Still, it is possible to do in a shellscript what neked wants. The task is to read any line of input, "tokenize" (split it at word boundaries) it and put it to <stdout>. The following should do the trick:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

line=""
word=""
while read line ; do
     while [ -n "$line" ] ; do
          print - "$line" | read word, line
          print - "$word"
     done
done

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here is an interesting idea...

Does anyone know how to test if an ethernet interface is alive, or accepting connections? Here is the scenario - I have rsc and sc console interfaces on some Suns. There are some sporadic vulnerability scans that send them out to lunch when they run the scans. I have to login to the host and reset... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm_admin_dh
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

b-shell: any better idea for this one?Thanks!!

I'm new to the script programming and I have this piece of code (repeatedly used) in my program: while : do ................ ans=`ckyorn -p "Do you want to continue?"` if || || || ; then break elif || ; then echo "Aborting..." exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors-- Any Idea

Getting some errors when i run this script.. ./xml_load_process.txt: -jar: not found ./xml_load_process.txt: syntax error at line 31 : `then' unmatched any ideas...really miffed at my inability to spot the error.... #!/bin/ksh # set -o xtrace # set environment variables export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz21
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help... no idea what to use

my issue now is i have a txt file containing a list like below i want to create a script that will add a constant text "Find this name" at the start and "at your directory" at the end. every line should be added by phrase at the start and end. Each line of the file should look like "Find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakid
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tokenizing a String in unix

Hi All, I have String i want to tokenize based on one delimiter. Original String is -pComments.properties,-iPELF4 i want to tokenize the original string based on ',' (comma) as delimiter and collect them individually like string1=-pComments.properties string2=-iPELF4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

string tokenizing

I have a string that looks like this: blahblahblah_^substring^_blahblahblah I need to extract substring, the bit between the ^ characters, into another string variable. This will be in a bash shell script. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a new idea for a script

Hi all, I now have project in UNIX Solaris and I want to have some new ideas to execute it, so I hope you help me finding new ideas in scripting or some infrastructure .bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in tokenizing the string

Supposed I have a string in the format: <service_name> = <ldap user FDN> : <password> like DNS = cn=user1,o=company : pwd I want to tokenize like: service name:DNS UserName: cn=user1,o=company Password: pwd. Because of the '=' sign between Service Name and LDAP Name I not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have no idea how to solve this :/

I am trying to make a script that will execute different things by the input Input: #/bin/bash echo "Test script" read cake if then echo "cake it is" fi Output: 1 : bad variable nameake test.sh: 8: test.sh: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then") (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitay
0 Replies
javaws(1)						      General Commands Manual							 javaws(1)

NAME
javaws - Java Web Start launcher command SYNOPSIS
javaws [ options ] [ URL ] PARAMETERS
options Command-line options. Options many be in any order. For a discussion of the various options, see OPTIONS below. URL Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol) file. DESCRIPTION
The javaws command launches Java Web Start, which is the reference implementation of the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP). Java Web Start launches java application/applets hosted on a network. Without any options javaws will launch the Java JNLP Application Manager, from which users can launch applications/applet or configure Java Web Start. If a URL for a JNLP file is specified, javaws will launch the Java application/applet specified in the JNLP file. OPTIONS
The javaws launcher has a set of options that are supported in the current release. However, the options may be removed in a future release. All -X options are non-standard and subject to change. -offline Runs Java Web Start in offline mode. -uninstall URL Removes a specific application/applet from the user's cache, as indicated by the URL for the JNLP file. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -updateVersions Updates the Java Web Start configuration file based on the current machine's settings. Java Web Start will exit when the command is completed. -Xclearcache Clears the user's cache. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -Xnosplash Disables the display of the initial splash screen. -import Imports the application specified by the URL into the user's cache but does not run it.. -silent When used with the -import option, imports in silent mode; i.e., there will be no UI pop up. The process exit code will be either 0 if successful or 1 if not. -codebase URL Replaces the codebase with URL in the jnlp file specified when importing the resources. URL must be a valid URL. -system Uses the system cache instead of the user cache. -shortcut Allows the creation of shortcuts during silent import. -association Allows the creation of associations during silent import. -open arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -open arguments. -print arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -print arguments. -online Runs in online mode (default behavior). -viewer Runs the Java Application Cache Viewer (default if no URL is specified). -userConfig property-name Clears the specified deployment property. -userConfig property-name property-value Sets the specified deployment property to the specified value. -wait If specified, the javaws process will not exit until the application exits. FILES
For more information about the user and system cache and deployment.properties files, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deploy- ment/deployment-guide/properties.html MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Java Web Start, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/index.html. 09 April 2004 javaws(1)